Tendering in Bar Harbor

I was just curious what your experience has been with tendering in Bar Harbor. I have an independent tour booked for 10 a.m., but am growing concerned since this is a tender port. Further, I know that we have to clear U.S. Customs before tendering begins.

We'll be visiting on Friday, June 1st aboard the Maasdam with a scheduled port stop beginning at 8 a.m. Based on your experience, is this reasonable? Does tendering often get delayed in Bar Harbor?

Thanks!

You should be fine. Tendering goes well here and all the tour guides know what you are going thru. Just follow the procedure and get off as soon as you can and if you get to the pier early, you will probably find your guide is already there. If not, it will give you time to get familiar with the town, which is right there. Have fun.

Thank you both for your responses, especially given the oversight of posting it to the Canada board, which is probably why I couldn't find an answer via search.

I've been impressed with HAL's tendering in the past and feel much more confident hearing as such from the both of you.

Archived