Ship time on NCL Sea

scubajeff

OK, I am on the NCL Sea Jan 22 to 29, 2005 and I am not sure I understand ship time versus port time. Does anyone know is the Sea on Central standard time? I believe all the ports (Cozumel, Cancun, Belize, Roatan) are on Central time and since the ship takes off out of Houston, it should be on Central time.

I am trying to book diving excursions on my own but I don't want to mess up the time. Can someone help!

Thanks

"When I drink alone, I prefer to be by myself"

G Thorogood

We just returned from this cruise. The ship is on Central daylight saving time. I believe the stops in Mexico are on the same time. Belize and Roatan do not use daylight saving time so they are 1 hour behind ship time. Always go by ship time because they won't wait on you if you are late returning to the dock. We told our private tour operator what time the ships docked and let them figure out when they needed to be there. They have done it often enough that they will know how to figure out the time. It takes quite a while to 'tender' off the ship in Belize. The ship dropped anchor at 7 but the tenders did not start until 8:30 or so. It was after 9 when we finally got to the dock and met our tour operator. Tours booked through NCL get first tender tickets.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived