Whale Shark Swim or Coba?

3DobermansDZS

We will be in Cozumel Sept 6 from 8am-7pm on Oasis of the Seas. Royal Caribbean is offering a Whale Shark Encounter and Swim that is 8hrs and 45 mins. Has anyone done this? It is pricey but seems like an amazing opportunity and since it is a ship excursion I am not really worried about the time.

They are also offering a Coba tour as it seems time will not be an issue...

What would you do?? I cannot decide! I've read many posts about Coba but not about the whale sharks. We've done all the port stuff and beaches in Cozumel that we care to do and are looking for something different. Also, I'm guessing it is still safe to do the ruin tours, I don't see any warnings from the State Dept.

Experiences and/or opinions are very much appreciated.

• 8 months later...

Lots of YouTube video's about it, just type in whale shark and Mexico. Does seem to be a once in a lifetime. We are considering even though it would be $1000 for our family of four. Sine the whale sharks are only there in June to September, not sure this was offered in the past.

I agree, we are going to put it to a vote on New Years Day when we are going to start deciding on the different excursions. Our most memorable for Western was the stingrays in Grand Cayman, so this could be a possibility. With the whale sharks, there are the possibilities of seeing Manta Rays as well. They only allow 10 to go per group, so we will just have to see. I may have to call to see if they actually use a specific dive shop, maybe we can email them.

Anyone know who they may charter this through?

Archived