Were the seas "rough" in the western caribbean last week (ending 4/22)?

rdevine10

We sailed the legend last week and had a great time!!! We felt a LOT of motion on a couple days. Enough so even our sea bands and meds were not helping as much as we wanted. I am trying to determine if it was just really rough water or if we just felt a lot more motion on this ship ( last cruise was to the bahamas on the disney dream). Thanks!

Ps it was yucky enough dh is not sure he wants to cruise again. :(

Yes this ship was rocking. The seas and size of the ship made it rock more. We are booked mid ship for out Sept 29th cruise on the Valor. I hope this will help with the rolls. I am still moving 12 hours after being home.

We also used 1/2 a patch this cruise to help. 1/2 a patch just takes the edge off of the motion sickness. We never cruise without a patch.

Great trip- a bit to much rain but we still got sun burned.

good luck and try another ship and maybe location of room.

Wendy

we sailed the legend last week and had a great time!!! We felt a lot of motion on a couple days. Enough so even our sea bands and meds were not helping as much as we wanted. I am trying to determine if it was just really rough water or if we just felt a lot more motion on this ship ( last cruise was to the bahamas on the disney dream). Thanks!

Ps it was yucky enough dh is not sure he wants to cruise again. :(

we were just on the freedom frm 4/15/-4/21 and it wasn't bad at all, barely felt any movement whatsoever.

We stayed on deck 10 (panorama deck) and never once had to use any sea meds....

By far the best cruise yet without any movement!

Sorry it was rough for you!

We were just on the Dream Western Caribbean and the sea was rough early on in the week. Our ship was rocking and my hubby felt seasick. It was very windy and cloudy as well. It improved by the end of the week of course when we were almost getting off the ship haha!

We had a low pressure ridge work its way down from the north into the Gulf and west into Florida last week As a result, we had small craft warnings for west coastal Florida starting last week and continuing through the past weekend. From the wave action on our local beaches, we knew whoever was cruising out in the Gulf was probably rocking and rolling.

Sorry to hear about your experience, BUT if it was that rough you may never experience something that bad again.

You just NEVER know -- you can go to the exact same place twice and the sea will be as calm as glass one time and really rough the next. Mother Nature always keeps us guessing! My very first cruise was very, very rough, and I thought they were all going to be like that, but I enjoyed cruising so much I did it again and was so pleasantly surprised to have much calmer seas.

I think certain areas are more likely to be rough. My experience is that the Eastern Caribbean is a little rougher. Last year I did a transatlantic cruise across the Atlantic and it was unbelievably calm the entire week. Go figure ...

Archived