REVIEW: Summit 4/14-4/21 Southern Caribbean

AMAC86

AMAC86 - Thank you for a very detailed review, but it's too bad you let your immaturity take over. Your comments regarding the "two older couples" was very immature, which btw was our first impression when we were relocated to your table on the first formal night. "snarky and glaring" really?? When we arrived at your table it was very obvious that you were not happy with us sitting with you and we were made to feel very unwelcome. If anyone was "snarky and glaring" it was you my friend....

Youch!!! This should get interesting!

• 1 month later...

All of these comments about "older people" DO tick me off:( "Mature" people are what keeps X in business. I know that X is going for the younger demographic. I was told "The RICH younger demographic". I don`t know how they are going to do that BTW. Inside cabins just don`t make that price point.

The music throughout the ship was very loud. You could not have a decent conversation in the coffee lounge, it was horrible techno garbage plus whiney songs. There was music in the library tho not as loud.

"keep the older people out of the Martini Bar." What a mature statement:rolleyes:

Smoke at the Sunset Bar was horrid. I had an aft Aqua cabin and thank goodness I had a little fan to blow the stench away.

Perhaps your hearing is compromised from listening to loud music? and your sence of smell............?

Sorry for my rant folks, but his judgemental attitude got me:mad:

I think you will enjoy the Celebrity Summit. February 2 - 9, 2013 will be our fifth time on the Celebrity Summit. Smoking is not an issue on the Summit. Actually this past February smokers on our cruise were complaining there was not enough areas on the ship they could smoke. Sailing out of San Juan, Puerto Rico says having more days at sea.

I think you will enjoy the Celebrity Summit. February 2 - 9, 2013 will be our fifth time on the Celebrity Summit. Smoking is not an issue on the Summit. Actually this past February smokers on our cruise were complaining there was not enough areas on the ship they could smoke. Sailing out of San Juan, Puerto Rico says having more days at sea.

They were all out at the Sunset Bar:D

• 6 months later...

Thanks for your review and great photos. We'll be on the Summit next October, Canada/New England, and seeing all those wonderful views of the ship, not to mention the food, makes me more excited.

Two questions--where is the Aqua Spa cafe located, and is it open to everyone? (That's really one question.)

Second, you mentioned that the bathrooms had not been renovated, but I read in another review that they do have an always-on nightlight. Please, please, tell me they do--it's a very important issue for me. Not make or break, but still a matter of concern.

My experience with cruise ship production shows is that they are similar to the ones you see at theme parks, where you can sit down for half an hour and rest your feet and have a cool drink. If you find an outstanding one, count yourself lucky. Otherwise, just accept it for what it is. Try the S-class ships, that have the Cirque-type shows--those are really great!

Kathy

• 3 weeks later...

Archived