Vegetarian food on DAWN?

NH Cruisers

I will be sailing 8/24/2012 from Boston to Bermuda. One of the people in our party is a picky vegetarian. What does the Dawn offer for a vegetarian? Do any of the specialty rest. have vegetarian fair? If not our vegetarian friend will be eating cheese pizza and dinner rolls for a week.

Any help with this question would be helpful.

We sailed on the Dawn in February. I am allergic to wheat and so follow a gluten-free diet. The staff were superb in helping me choose foods that I could eat. We ate in the Venetian most of the time and whoever is in charge of special diets would come up to me towards the end of our current meal and present me with the next day's menu. Anything that had wheat in it could be made without it. My husband was often envious of my meals as often they seemed fresher and tastier!!

That being said, they had at least one vegetarian option at each meal. I especially loved the sweet potato rice cake with cilantro yoghurt and chickpea salad, which was served early in the sailing! Yummy!

Marianne

There were plenty of vegetarian pasta dishes and the head chef is from India so there are plenty of vegetarian Indian choices as well. Unfortunately the only member of our family that doesn't like Indian food is our Vegetarian. The challenging meal to find enough vegetarian food items was at the specialty restaurant Moderno. They have some selections at the salad bar and our daughter found enough to eat with that. They charged us 1/2 price for her meal. We had no problems finding choices for her at the Italian, the Bistro or at Bamboo.

Archived