San Juan, Caribe Hilton

JHealy28S

I purchased the Caribe Hilton through Hotwire for our July stay in San Juan. The room rate was $139.00 minus our $30.00 rebate coupon with our Entertainment book. I had been bidding on Priceline without success. If I had kept bidding until closer to our trip, maybe I would have had better luck. I get a little impatient.

Thanks JHEALY for the link. One question, what region would I choose for near the cruiseport...north, south, east or west? Thanks.

Also, if anyone has any info on how to idenify certain hotels on Hotwire for SanJuan (near the cruiseport), I'd really appreciate that too!!

Lastminutetravel.com $243 for a Deluxe Garden View room. Just picked May14 for the date and your particular date may be more or less. Select one of the "off the record" selection which does not tell you the name of the hotel but you can tell from the description:) .

We just returned from the Golden Princess, and stayed at the Caribe Hilton the night of 4/23. We decided to go to their website and book a room directly so we cold guarantee the room and view we wanted --- we really wanted to get this vacation with friends off to a great start. We paid about $220 (plus all those taxes, of course) for a renovated room with an ocean and pool view on the executive floor, which meant we got free cocktails and appetizers on Saturday evening and a free continental breakfast on Sunday morning. We loved the hotel and would absolutely do it that way again --- it was more than worth the extra money. Here's a link to our webshots, the first few are of the hotel and our view:http://community.webshots.com/user/cynbar101

Hey thanks for the info everyone...got my work cut out for me...but for right now I have time on my side! Lots to think about and decide. Cynbar....great pics!!! Looks like you had a nice vacation!! Love the hotel shots...does look like quite a place!

Peg

Cynbar, thanks for the pics. I am ready to go, only 6 weeks from Saturday. Do you know if they will store your luggage for you if you want to go to the ship later in the day thank checkout time?

Thanks.

I don't know if the hotel will store your luggage, but almost all good hotels will do this so I don't imagine it would be a problem. Our solution was to check out of the hotel at noon (regular check-out time), go over to our ship to check in and have lunch, then get off the ship and go to Old San Juan for an afternoon of sightseeing. Quite a few people were doing this, it actually seemed quite popular.

• 2 weeks later...

One more question. I thought I read somewhere if you are a Hilton Hhonors member you can get free breakfast somewhere at the hotel? Anyone know anything about this?

I lied. Another question. Is there any place within walking distance to get alcohol and soda. Thanks.

Cynbar,

I am on the Golden Princess sailing 1/7/06 and was wanting to stay at the Caribe Hilton. In fact, I did exactly as you did and booked with Hilton directly online. However, I know that January is still considered high season, and therefore, they want $280.00 for one night (+ taxes)! That is with being a Hilton HHonors member, too. How did you insure you got a room with such a great view? We have a reservation for a King Deluxe Plus room. I really don't know what that means, though. I was wanting to know what you did to make sure you got such a great room with a view. Thanks for your help!

Archived