When back home - how early can I get off the ship?

If you can manage your own luggage without any assistance, you can do express walk-off (self-disembarkation). On our last Explorer cruise, they started allowing these people off around 7am. We left at 7:30am, and it took about 10-15 minutes to go through customs and immigration, and another 10 minutes to walk to the car and load the luggage. We were on the road by 8am.

If you cannot manage your own luggage, they allowed the first group off around 7:45am

Awesome, thanks for the info. Much appreciated !

If you can manage your own luggage without any assistance, you can do express walk-off (self-disembarkation). On our last Explorer cruise, they started allowing these people off around 7am. We left at 7:30am, and it took about 10-15 minutes to go through customs and immigration, and another 10 minutes to walk to the car and load the luggage. We were on the road by 8am.

If you cannot manage your own luggage, they allowed the first group off around 7:45am

I was on the Explorer in Sept 2011. Self-disembark passengers were still walking off after 9:00. I was in group 1 and didn't leave the ship until 9:30 or so.

I guess it's different for every sailing, although I don't understand why. Makes it difficult if a car service is picking you up, as in my case.

Linda

I'm hoping to get off for 7:30 . That would be great for me.

I was on the Explorer in Sept 2011. Self-disembark passengers were still walking off after 9:00. I was in group 1 and didn't leave the ship until 9:30 or so.

I guess it's different for every sailing, although I don't understand why. Makes it difficult if a car service is picking you up, as in my case.

Linda

:cool: I would be bummed to have to go from the cruise ship right to work. Talk about a rude awakening. I am afraid I would not be much good, I would spend the day daydreaming, looking at pics, having a goofy grin :rolleyes:

I'm a bartender at our local stadium and LOVE it so I'm not bummed at all. I love football so it's all good. Good $$$ .

:cool: I would be bummed to have to go from the cruise ship right to work. Talk about a rude awakening. I am afraid I would not be much good, I would spend the day daydreaming, looking at pics, having a goofy grin :rolleyes:

Incase this happens , you got off at 9:30, what time were you in your own vehicle pullinjg away ???

Linda

Incase this happens , you got off at 9:30, what time were you in your own vehicle pullinjg away ???

I was picked up by a car service, so I can't help you there, sorry. He was there waiting for me.

I don't know how long it would take to retrieve you car and be on the road--

Linda

The car park is very close to the ship, only a few minutes to walk there. Five us traveled in one car with lots of luggage and my elderly mother-in-law in a wheelchair and our very nice porter brought our luggage all the way to where the car was parked - we tipped him well - then it was a challenge to figure out how to get all that luggage (and a wheelchair) back into the car! Between looking for luggage, immigration/customs, the walk to the car and packing, no more than a half hour, I think.

I think the reports of self-disembarkation people coming off the ship late were only due to their own decision. IMHO, it's the best option if you want to be sure to get off the ship early.

Sue

The car park is very close to the ship, only a few minutes to walk there. Five us traveled in one car with lots of luggage and my elderly mother-in-law in a wheelchair and our very nice porter brought our luggage all the way to where the car was parked - we tipped him well - then it was a challenge to figure out how to get all that luggage (and a wheelchair) back into the car! Between looking for luggage, immigration/customs, the walk to the car and packing, no more than a half hour, I think.

I think the reports of self-disembarkation people coming off the ship late were only due to their own decision. IMHO, it's the best option if you want to be sure to get off the ship early.

Sue

I was in group #1 and we were held back because the self-disembarkation people were not finished. There was a steady stream of them. I was told that on Bermuda cruises, sometimes almost half the ship does it. Made me reconsider doing it myself, but I just bring too much to handle it myself.

I have learned over the years (last few , actually ) NOT to overpack. I will make sure this time as we want to be the first off the ship with our own luggage.

Thanks so much for the info.

Sue

This past December on ExOS we were in group 41ish and we did not debark until close to 11am. Guess they put us late as we were driving not flying;) It was about 11:30 when our car service picked up our group.

We had hoped to be off earlier, but when we approach Guest Services about getting moved to an earlier number their only option was self debark or stay where you are. Yeah, right, self-debark after a 10 night cruise.....LOL:eek::p

I'll figure something out. Lucky for me the stadium isn't far from the ship.

This past December on ExOS we were in group 41ish and we did not debark until close to 11am. Guess they put us late as we were driving not flying;) It was about 11:30 when our car service picked up our group.

We had hoped to be off earlier, but when we approach Guest Services about getting moved to an earlier number their only option was self debark or stay where you are. Yeah, right, self-debark after a 10 night cruise.....LOL:eek::p

Archived