Hollywood Accommodations

suntan

Has anyone stayed at some of the smaller lodgings, rated "Superior Small Lodgings"? We will be arriving two days before our cruise in February 2006. A few of the lodgings we are currently reviewing are: Driftwood On the Ocean (Hollywood Beach), Tide Vacation Apartments and Sea Downs (both in Hollywood). Has anyone stayed at these lodgings and what did you think about them? Your reviews will be greatly appreciated.

I did not stay at any of those hotels but did stay in Hollywood Beach at the Holiday Inn. I would not stay that far away from the port next time as we spent about $50 in taxi fares and tips to go to the hotel and then the port the next morning. I would rather spend that at a more expensive hotel closer to the port. Several hotels near the airport and Port Everglades provide free shuttle service from the airport and to the port. Have you tried Priceline?

Tide Vacation Apartments and Sea Downs (both in Hollywood). Has anyone stayed at these lodgings and what did you think about them? Your reviews will be greatly appreciated.

We always stay at the Sea Downs during the long holiday weekends as a mini getaway. It is a clean, safe, family owned and operated hotel directly on Hollywood Beach. It is a quick 10 minutes from Port Everglades and 15 minutes from the airport. Taxi fares add to the cost of your stay but IMHO its worth it to be able to walk out of your room right onto the beach. The fare from the airport to hotel is around $14 and from the hotel to the port $12

The beach is spectacular here, they have a heated pool as well. There are many restaurants within walking distance either directly on the beach or on the intercoastal. If you get up to watch the sunrise, walk the beach, you'll find a great selection of shells. The city of Hollywood grooms the beach early every morning.

The oceanfront Tides is located next door and there's also the Beougainvilla directly behind the Tides that shares the facility with both hotels.

I can recommend both of these hotels without hesitation.

Bequia, thank you for your reviews. We understand we will add to the cost of the trip with the taxi fares, but split between the two of us, the total cost will be less than staying at the larger hotels closer to the port.

Bequia, thank you for your reviews. We understand we will add to the cost of the trip with the taxi fares, but split between the two of us, the total cost will be less than staying at the larger hotels closer to the port.

If you decide to try the Seadowns or Tides in Hollywood Beach please let me know what you think.

Archived