Bon Voyage to my son

Well my son flies out today to Join the Celebration for 6 months, as part of the entertainments team. I am sure he will have a fantastic experience and I can;t wait till we go out to see him in just over 8 weeks :)

Bet he can't wait to get started! Once he's settled in, will be interesting to hear who the Cruise Director (and Assistant) is going to be for the summer season and also if Top Men Band (or variation of!) are onboard....

I'm sure i will get to hear all about it once he has got himself sorted. As far as i know Bram Lorenz is Cruise Director at the moment. If i hear anything will keep you posted:)

He must be pretty talented and VERY energetic:) lucky boy in that respect but hard work I imagine

He loves what he does and has been performing from a young age. It is hard work and can be tiring but he just carries on and gets on with it. I hope it turns out to be what he wants from his career.:)

I hope he has a great time, at least he will be well settled when you see him on the ship

I'm sure he will MTT. and lol i hope he has settled in nicely and if there are any niggles (which there probably will be) they will be ironed out before we get there. Not that he would bother me with them, he usually sorts things out himself. he will no doubt have lots to tell us, but knowing my son will not want to bother us too much with it being our honeymoon, but he's no bother, we will love having him around:)

All the very best to him ,,bet you are so excited and will be so proud when you see him on stage.

Mrs.C :)

Thank you Mrs C yes i am and will be so proud to see him on the stage. He never fails to give a performance and what has made me so proud over the years is the way people have commented on the pleasure his performances have given them. :)

Thank you Mrs C yes i am and will be so proud to see him on the stage. He never fails to give a performance and what has made me so proud over the years is the way people have commented on the pleasure his performances have given them. :)

You must tell me his name so that I can look out for him in august when we go . Remember to tell me when you get back all about the hotel as we are staying there as well ....

Mrs.C :)

Well i wasn't going to give his name away but seeing as he has now arrived safely, i know he won't mind :) I can tell you his name is Darren. I think he will be easy to spot as he is not very tall, though i know it would be his wish to be taller, it's very true when they say nice things come in small packages;)

An exciting, wonderful experience for him - and for you! It might take a week or two to settle in though - it must be one heck of a thing for a youngster to adapt to on his first cruise: living away from home with the prospect of being away from family for an extended period, getting used to his new surroundings, schedules, anxiety of getting all the shows under your belt for the first time, developing new friendships (although I guess the team have been together for some time at Peel rehearsing etc before they left but even so - lots more people to meet and weigh up). Such a big thing - but such a wonderful opportunity for him - and something he's clearly worked very hard for over many years. I'm sure he'll love it. And then he's got all those great places to discover - fab!

Keep us posted about how he's settling in - and it won't be long before you get to see for yourself! :D

Thank you Jack and Kruzeeka Darren loves feedback from his audience and the more they participate the more he gives. Ive known him to do a gig which should have been for 2x45 min slots and he has carried on into the early hours at the request of his audience.

As you say Kruzeeka, it takes time to settle in and i don't expect to hear from him for a while, but that is something we are both used to as Darren has been away from his home town for the last 7 years. He worked for a short while for Thomson's in Fuerteventura when he was 18 then spent the next 3 years studying in Cambridge at theatre school before settling down in Essex which is some way from his home in N E Lincs. He also had a spell away from home at the age of 11 when he won a place at Sylvia Young Theatre School in London and lived away for 7months, though he had to give his place up due to lack of funding. I am sure he will enjoy this new adventure, it is what he loves doing.:D

Archived