Decorating your door!

CruzerDeb

We have never decorated our door but we did take a picture of a door that these women did,and they had to clean it off.They didn't decorate with sticker's or anything like that,well i'll let the picture speak for itself.

2a8n783.jpg

That almost looks like someone did it to annoy them. Tacky, really tacky!

I've never decorated our door. I'm able to read the cabin number, don't have children, am not yet so senile I can't find the floor/cabin, so don't see the reason to spend vacation time doing it.

Then why are you bothering to read this thread and comment on it?

I was so upset last year when I realized that I forgot my decorations & then didn't feel so bad when I noticed I didn't see any decorated doors. This year my decorations are already packed:D

My question to those who decorate is was there a door decoration contest on your cruise?

I've only seen contests organized through Cruise Critic, not the ship.

We decorated our door on our last cruise on Triumph out of New Orleans. We brought along our daughter and her family which consists of 3 children, so we decorated our doors with fish cut outs that we bought from a party store. The kids loved it. We did each door with a different color fish so they knew which one was theirs and which one was ours. My parents and my brother and his family also came with us on that cruise and we snuck down the hall to decorate theirs as well.:) It was fun to do, but you don't see them much anymore. When we went on our first cruise back in '07 on the Conquest out of Galveston, just about every door on our floor was decorated and some people even had huge dry erase boards outside their doors to where passers by could write comments and funny sayings on.

We decorated our door on our last cruise on Triumph out of New Orleans. We brought along our daughter and her family which consists of 3 children, so we decorated our doors with fish cut outs that we bought from a party store. The kids loved it. We did each door with a different color fish so they knew which one was theirs and which one was ours. My parents and my brother and his family also came with us on that cruise and we snuck down the hall to decorate theirs as well.:) It was fun to do, but you don't see them much anymore. When we went on our first cruise back in '07 on the Conquest out of Galveston, just about every door on our floor was decorated and some people even had huge dry erase boards outside their doors to where passers by could write comments and funny sayings on.

Maybe with this thread we can start a resurgance! This will be my 5th cruise but the first time I am decorating my door. My friend Dawn (She posted in this thread) is going on her first cruise and will decorating her door. And maybe when others see all our fabulous doors they will be inspired to do it on their NEXT cruise!

I am planning on decorating doors for the first time next month!!

I need some ideas!

One door is ours, my boyfriend's 40th birthday, so I made a sign so far with his baby picture and a recent picture.

Two other doors are for my parents' anniversary and my aunt/uncle's anniversary...any wording ideas for the anniversary signs?? Something cute or funny. I have pics from their wedding and a more recent pic.

We have streamers, a couple sparkly stars, and a couple of those drop down swirly things with a star at the end(make sense?) lol. I'm looking for some different ideas.

Thanks for starting this thread!

I love decorated our cabin door. Unfortunately I forgot this detail last December while preparing for our cruise on Liberty...but being creative (on the spot!) I taped the little umbrella's from our DOD's onto our "mailbox". Worked like a charm! 3am wandering back to our room we could spot it no problem. :p :D ;)

Love the pictures!

I've only been on one cruise so far and had never seen anyone decorate their door until I got lost looking for my cabin; one couple had really gone all out, it was very neat looking and like gail811 said it made finding that *door* ,at least, easy! I may do so on my upcoming cruise in December just to find my cabin a bit easier!=)

Edited by Barlee126

Can't wait for my cruise! Have a super funny idea :P My entire family is going, 2 to a room. I decided to go with the "donkey" family theme hehe Mom will be Kick and Dad will be Whoop. Sister will be Smart and step sister will be Lazy. I will be Kiss and my brother will be Wise. Each donkey will look similar to the person that they are representing. ex: my step sister's donkey will have black and pink hair to match her black and pink hair.

I saw this similar thing on a car before, and I was thinking if I didn't include any profanity it wouldn't be too inappropriate, please let me know if I am out of line though.

alwaysvacation....include your email address and I'll send you the web site that sells great decorations and are very inexpensive...they are located in Chicago, products are exactly as described and they ship promptly. I have used them for years with no problems or complaints.

I don't know if I can mention their name on the Boards or not.

I'd like the info but do not want to post my email address on a public forum. Most people put the website with hints or the word space between them. Maybe you can try that i.e. cruise space critic dot com

I don't see why it would be against the rules but I don't know for sure.

I did not do the first cruise door. But I have done the rest. I did a friends door, her DD was turning 12 on her first cruise!!!!!!!!!!!!! So I decorated their door with lots of cut outs of bday stuff. And hung a bday banner up. Some jerk actually tore it down! And it said her age, so the jerk knew he was hurting a kid! I will do it again next year for her, and what happens happens. But just to put it out there for people to think about............I put my time in it for a kid and you tore it down in 3 seconds. Thanks, and think before you do it again please.:(

For those of you who have cruised a lot (and that's most people here, right?), do you decorate your door NO and/or see a lot of doors that have been decorated? NO, I'd guess only 1 in 100 are decorated, apparently most people on cruise ships do not find this to be an activity they enjoy.

I've only been on one cruise so far (another booked in 400+ days!) and don't recall seeing any doors that were decorated.

^^^

I've never decorated our door. I'm able to read the cabin number, don't have children, am not yet so senile I can't find the floor/cabin, so don't see the reason to spend vacation time doing it.

Wow, you sound like a bundle of fun :rolleyes:.

FYI: It takes me approximately 5 seconds to decorate the door while on vacation. I make the sign at home long before cruising, slap some magnetic tape or poster tacky to the back once on board, hang it and it's done. Takes me longer to unwrap all of my smuggled beverages ;).

Happy decorating everyone!

Does anyone mess with or move your decorations? If I used a sports team magnet, do you think a rival fan would touch it?

My motto: If you don't want to lose it, don't hang it on your door. I won't put anything on my door that would upset me if it were taken or vandalized.

Magnetic things seem to "migrate" more. Someone moved our 2 magnetic signs (one on each door in side by side cabins) a few cabins down and it threw my 80 year old Dad for a loop when his key card wouldn't work. He was so accustomed to the sign being "his" cabin that he didn't even notice it was the wrong cabin number, LOL!

This our first cruise and we will me married while on it! We are decorating our door because it seems fun and we are just fun people! Both his and my parents are cruising with us so we made a sign for both of their doors as well. :D We used www.makesigns.com it was fast and affordable.

I went on their website. Which of the size categories did you use?

I am planning on decorating doors for the first time next month!!

I need some ideas!

One door is ours, my boyfriend's 40th birthday, so I made a sign so far with his baby picture and a recent picture.

Two other doors are for my parents' anniversary and my aunt/uncle's anniversary...any wording ideas for the anniversary signs?? Something cute or funny. I have pics from their wedding and a more recent pic.

We have streamers, a couple sparkly stars, and a couple of those drop down swirly things with a star at the end(make sense?) lol. I'm looking for some different ideas.

Thanks for starting this thread!

I hope you'll be using 'copies' of the photographs. People who decorate have said that things disappear from the door.

Congratulations to everyone ... on all counts. :)