Carnival Liberty, 14 April 2012

JOHN 57

Hello, this will be rather long, and hopefully not to detailed. This cruise was a last minute idea, about 3 weeks before the 14th of April. Myriam, my wife wanted to take our sons. We are John (me), Myriam wife, Johnny (son), and Robert (son). We decided, since the trip was for our boys, to have a cabin for 4 with bunk beds. We were assigned 2225, which was in front of the ship, beneath the show theater.

We are from Huntsville, Texas, so up at 0300 on the 10th, because we wanted to meet some of my wife's friends in Miami. Took awhile to finish, preparing for our drive to Houston airport on US Airways, we arrived at 0500 in a rush. I take months sometimes to prepare for a trip in planning etc. Despite all my efforts, we missed the flight by 30 minutes, so we rescheduled for 0720. We were there and ready to fly. Layover in Charlotte, North Carolina and in West Palm Beach, Florida by 1200. Rented a car and spent the night at Crowne Plaza in Ft Lauderdale, and the vacation at last was on. Toured the town and beach. Had dinner at Las Vegas restaurant, a Cuban restaurant, which was the recommendation of the parking attendant. I would defintely recommend this restaurant to anyone, it was a pleasure to dine there.

We all sat and made our selections, we were starving. We all had Cuban coffee. My wife and sons decided on Bandeja Las Vegas sampler for $16.95. This was well worth the price, and could easily feed 4. Huge plate, that contained 1 stuffed potato, plantain, 2 ham croquets, 1 corn tamal, 2 meat pies, and fried yuca sticks. That was absolutely delicious. I had my heart set on a Cuban steak, and I was not disappointed. A steak, rice, and plantain plus a salad for $9.95.

I would recommend this restaurant highly. Located at 2807 East Oakland Blvd, Ft Lauderdale, 954-564-1370, and there is a menu online.

Up the next morning and off to Miami, stayed at Marriot by the airport.

will contineu

Archived