Pearl To Alaska

Hºoºwie

hi, we are going on the July 15 date and i just have a few questions:

1) we have an SC cabin # 11524 and i know it entitles you to butler and concierge service BUT can you use the Haven courtyard?

2) so what exactly does the butler and concierge stuff do? i read lots but much is conflicting; can we book things before we arrive? we can eat in a private breakfast restaurant?

3) also Delta changed our flight back to NY from departing 12:30 PM to 11:45 AM on the last day; i will arrange a car service to meet us at the dock but we should get to the airport on time, right? and can i still use the BAGS thing? it is just outside of the time frame now, the 4 hours, but it should work, no? or should i just take everything off priority departure with me to the car service?

thanks

We had a noon flight. We walked our bags off the ship and hopped in a cab (there were lots of them) and went to the airport. We arrived with several hours to spare! Traffic was very light in Seattle on Sunday morning.

1) we have an SC cabin # 11524 and i know it entitles you to butler and concierge service BUT can you use the Haven courtyard?

2) so what exactly does the butler and concierge stuff do? i read lots but much is conflicting; can we book things before we arrive? we can eat in a private breakfast restaurant?

3) also Delta changed our flight back to NY from departing 12:30 PM to 11:45 AM on the last day; i will arrange a car service to meet us at the dock but we should get to the airport on time, right? and can i still use the BAGS thing? it is just outside of the time frame now, the 4 hours, but it should work, no? or should i just take everything off priority departure with me to the car service?

thanks

You will not have access to the Haven courtyard in your SC cabin.

WRT the butler and concierge, the simple answer is the butler handles your special requests inside your cabin, the concierge handles your special requests outside your cabin.

You should be able to log into your NCL account and schedule speciality dinner reservations and excursions once you are close enough to your cruise date.

You should be able to use Cagney's for breakfast and lunch.

An SC suite does not entitle you to the Haven courtyard.

The butler handles requests for tasks inside your stateroom; the concierge handles tasks outside your stateroom. So, you can have your butler serve you meals, set up and cater a party in your room, unpack your bags, etc. The concierge can make reservations for you in the specialty restaurants, get you priority tendering, etc.

Excursions and surcharge restaurants can be pre-booked. The restaurants can be pre-booked starting 45 days before sailing. Excursions vary depending on when they're made available, usually anywhere from 2-6 months out.

One of the suite amenities is the perk of having breakfast and lunch in Cagney's (no extra charge for this perk, as opposed to having to pay for Cagney's if you're having dinner there). You can do a search for the many threads that sing the praises of this perk. As far as privacy, that's a subjective term. Anyone in a full suite is entitled to dine in Cagney's for breakfast and lunch, so some might consider that exclusive. Others might call it private but others might not.

The BAGS problem means somebody else is going to get your bags to the airport. Maybe on time, maybe not. The fact that I have to trust someone else to handle my bags is the main reason I would not use that service. With a 2:00 or later flight, maybe.

Setting up a car service means you hope it is there on time, and you have to find it. Should be fine, but if you do a taxi, you just walk out and go.

As said above, I would do your own bags yourself. And, being in a real suite (vs minisuite), you can get off early as well.

Archived