Navigating on crutches

nc1sttimer

We are booked on our first cruise at the end of May. This is a graduation celebration for our 2 sons (18 & 22), one from high school and one from college. The 18 yr. old broke his leg last week, had surgery, and will now be in a cast and on crutches for the cruise. Needless to say he is very disappointed and doesn't even want to go at this point. He thinks since he will not be able to get in the water and will have limited mobility that he will not enjoy the cruise. Does anyone know if there are wheelchairs on the ship (Inspiration) or have suggestions for navigating on crutches. How about shore excursions? We will be in Cozumel and Grand Cayman, and I guess snorkeling is out for us so any suggestions that don't involve a lot of walking or water? Any suggestions that will encourage him and convince him he will still have a great time will be appreciated. Thanks!

Bummer. I would suggest talking with your booking agent about reserving a wheelchair on the ship (through Guest Services). Last cruise, somebody told me he arranged for a wheelchair prior to the cruise, and it was waiting for him at the terminal. He also said there aren't very many, and he had the last one....so call - soon.

Archived