How early is too early?

sarah85

We are planning our cruise wedding for nov/dec 2013, we are just waiting for RCCL to release the cruise schedule.

I am going to edmobton this weekend to get the tools for my invites and save the dates. I like to be organized way in advance lol.

What im wondering is how early is to early to send our save the dates to notify everyone what we are doing with dates and ship details? They will not only cruising but also travelling from Australia!

I know proper etiquette is 8 months but that just doesn't seem like a long enough time

I don't think you should worry about sending them too early. I only planned my wedding about 8 months out, so we sent the details out as soon as we booked. But when my cousin got married on a cruise (inspired by wedding!), she sent her STD 18 months in advance. She wanted folks to have as much time as possible to save up and make arrangements for time off. Many of her friends were young, recent grads and having the time to plan and save made a big difference in their ability to join the cruise.

Mine are going out 18 months in advance. I have let most of the people cruising with us about the trip already, they are just waiting on the invite/save the dates. My save the dates will be a message in a bottle that will direct them to the website. My invites will be departure tickets.

Those will go out 1-2 month(s) before final payment is due, surving not only as the invite but as a reminder about the up and coming final payment.

We are planning our cruise wedding for nov/dec 2013, we are just waiting for RCCL to release the cruise schedule.

I am going to edmobton this weekend to get the tools for my invites and save the dates. I like to be organized way in advance lol.

What im wondering is how early is to early to send our save the dates to notify everyone what we are doing with dates and ship details? They will not only cruising but also travelling from Australia!

I know proper etiquette is 8 months but that just doesn't seem like a long enough time

I think for traditional church weddings its 12 months for save the dates. However when guests have to travel so far the earlier the better!! We booked our cruise wedding in July 2011 and we sail April 2013. As long as you give plenty of notice, it gives people to save and book xx

Mine are going out 18 months in advance. I want to give everyone who wants to go the ability to plan, and pay for the trip. I would send them out ASAP, especially if you have people traveling a long way. Just my opinion.

Thanks girls!

I will be sending them out as soon as RCCL decide to release the bookings for Caribbean nov 2013!

I guess why does it reall matter if it is in within normal etiquette time frame.. M wedding isn't very traditional!

Archived