Comparison of Disney Dream vs Carnival Lengend (long)

rdevine10

Thank you for the report. As you can see from my signature line, we've done our share of Disney cruises as well. It might suprise some people who have never been on a Disney cruise, but you don't have to like the Disney parks or be a big kid to like a Disney cruise. We are definitely not "Disney people". We've seen our share of Disney movies, but we've never had a burning desire to take the kids (17, 14 and 11) to Disney World, and my mom lives about an hour and a half from there.

Like others', our decision to venture out and try different cruiselines is a matter of wanting to continue to cruise but not being able to afford DCL rates. As you can see from my signature line, our last cruise was with NCL. The experience was kind of like what you experienced with your Carnival cruise - you just can't compare every aspect. We might have even stuck with NCL but that cruiseline doesn't have a ship leaving from Baltimore. So, now it's time to try Carnival. Reading your fair and balanced report has been affirming and helpful to me.

Wait a minute,,,,,,,,,,,,

Please explain something to me.........first of all what did you do in Roatan?

Then i will ask you my question/\.

Im not sure how that pertains, but we went to the beach. Loved Roatan and hope to go back one day. I only did not like Belize (and it was due to the long tender in rough seas- was storming that day a bit. )But we opted to lay low on the ship and enjoy the aloneness. Was a perfect day, so no complaints!

Fabulous comparison - nicely done. I appreciate your insights.

I have often thought about trying Disney, as the service is supposed to be so amazing. But I just can't pay the price differential from Carnival pricing. Plus we have no kids - and I would go crazy with lots of children running around. Any thoughts on that? Were there enough adults only places on Disney to keep a cruiser away from all those kids for 7 days?

again - THANKS!

Archived