?kids on board

MsJ

Hi..I am looking for a cruise for next February and as a teacher I have only 1 week to choose...also as teacher... as much as I love kids I do like to get away from them while on vacation......we have cruised the last 3 years that week. I am looking at the Grand Princess or the HAL Veendam......I was wondering if anyone could give me an idea of how many kids would be on the Grand the thrid week in February...Thanks, Marianne

Unless it's a 'spring break' week that there wouldn't be alot. Our cruise on the 4/10 Golden was during the 'season' but only had 70 kids out of 3,000 or so. My guess was that this was due to the itinerary- out of San Juan 5 poc's stops in St Kitts, Grenada and Isla Margarita along with St T and Aruba- still not very family friendly.

Also a teacher, have same views as you. Just back from April Vacation on Caribe Princess. While there are more kids, there are a lot of ways to avoid them and create a virtually kid-free vacation. Number one pick princess because they have a good kids program, but are a little more pricey so it discourages a certain type of person, and by extension famliy (no wet bathing suits in the dining room). Two, go to the adult pools. Three, eat later. Four, go to the bars and clubs that keep kids out.

Seirously though, they do a pretty good job of keeping them hidden anyway so I think you`ll be pretty happy!

Hi..I am looking for a cruise for next February and as a teacher I have only 1 week to choose...also as teacher... as much as I love kids I do like to get away from them while on vacation......we have cruised the last 3 years that week. I am looking at the Grand Princess or the HAL Veendam......I was wondering if anyone could give me an idea of how many kids would be on the Grand the thrid week in February...Thanks, Marianne
Figure you can possibly have 600-800 kids that week especially if the Grand is once again sailing out of Galveston. Personally I'd look at Crystal cruises for what you are looking for. Cost more money but you will not have hundreds of kids. We love kids but have stopped cruising in Feb., March, and April just because of all the kids. With the variety of spring breaks in different areas of the contries you can't count that your cruise won't have hundreds.

When is your mid winter break next year? My kids are off the week of Feb 27th. I'm hoping that because it is after President's week there aren't that may out the same week.

We were on Star Princess the third week of Feb. There were a lot of kids but they seemed to be kept quite busy in the kids program. The ship is big enough that if you don't want to be near kids it is possible to have a "kidless" vacation.

Archived