Star Family Suite (SJ) - Cabin 12018

computerworks

Just back from the family suite on the Star and let me tell you.......

THIS CABIN IS MUCH BETTER THAN THE OWNERS SUITE ON THE JEWEL!! :D

I did the happy dance 4 steps into the cabin.

Already looking to book it again. ;)

I know!!! We have LOVED both times we stayed in a family suite on the Star. 12022 both times. Unbeatable!

We just left 12506 kicking and screaming this morning. :eek:

Glad we switched from 12030 since that was too close to the

sliding doors to the pool and lots of traffic. Big thanks to the

people who warned me.

My absolute favorite cabin so far. Before having to leave the ship this morning, we checked out the deluxe owners suite next door to our suite and it was really nice. Not sure if we would want that one. REALLY, REALLY LOVED THE SJ. :D

people who warned me.

My absolute favorite cabin so far. Before having to leave the ship this morning, we checked out the deluxe owners suite next door to our suite and it was really nice. Not sure if we would want that one. REALLY, REALLY LOVED THE SJ. :D

We like the family suites better because the owners suites have the slanted windows, where the family suites hare straight up and down - better for viewing. The view from the OS is amazing too - looking straight out ahead, but we like the family suites windows better.

We like the family suites better because the owners suites have the slanted windows, where the family suites hare straight up and down - better for viewing. The view from the OS is amazing too - looking straight out ahead, but we like the family suites windows better.

I totally agree with you!

people who warned me.

we are booked in 12028 is it going to be that bad?? thanks

No, it won't be. The sliding doors close (they are automatic) so it keeps the noise to a minimum. However, those doors open and close a lot. It's just that you will get more traffic by your room than if you were further forward. Not to worry. You will love the family suite. I can't say that enough!

No, it won't be. The sliding doors close (they are automatic) so it keeps the noise to a minimum. However, those doors open and close a lot. It's just that you will get more traffic by your room than if you were further forward. Not to worry. You will love the family suite. I can't say that enough!

ok thank you i picked that location thinking i have a 7 year old that will want to be in the pool all week. Please tell me some other great things about this cabin...and cagney's this will be our first time with suite perks thanks again

Jan

I would move if I were you and if there are other suites further up available.

We walked cabin 12028 so much. We even listened to the music from the open sliding doors as we walk by 12030 and could still hear it a few doors further down. (12026) DH just said yup, forget about that when I just told him what cabin you have.

If you get a cabin closer to the front, it will be a longer walk but worth it.

If I'm reading this right, you're telling them to move their cabin away from all the noise and traffic. Yes, they will love the family suite, but will love it even more is far away from all the noise and traffic.

I would prefer to be farther up the way (we were in 12022) but I don't want to scare emsiam into thinking it's going to be totally noisy in 12028. The doors to the suites block out a lot of noise - they are heavy doors. So while you might hear the pool noise some of the time in the hallway, I don't think it's going to be heard much, if at all in your room. I'm just trying to be 'real' about it. If I couldn't have 12022 (which we chose because of the numbers - my birthday is on the 22nd - as well as it being close to the elevator lobby) and the only family suites left were the ones closest to the pool I would gladly accept one!

I would move if I were you and if there are other suites further up available.

We walked cabin 12028 so much. We even listened to the music from the open sliding doors as we walk by 12030 and could still hear it a few doors further down. (12026) DH just said yup, forget about that when I just told him what cabin you have.

If you get a cabin closer to the front, it will be a longer walk but worth it.

If I'm reading this right, you're telling them to move their cabin away from all the noise and traffic. Yes, they will love the family suite, but will love it even more is far away from all the noise and traffic.

please help me out here in order to move my room number dont i have to basically rebook and then i will get charged the higher price now ? i know before we had 12030 booked and changed it to 12528 (sorry i said 12028) and i know that i lost my on board credit because of moving so what should i do ?

ok thank you i picked that location thinking i have a 7 year old that will want to be in the pool all week. Please tell me some other great things about this cabin...and cagney's this will be our first time with suite perks thanks again

Jan

Cagney's is available to you for breakfast and lunch. The cool part is, you can have it delivered to your room by your butler, if you don't want to go to Cagney's for some reason. We did this a couple times because we over slept and wouldn't have had time to get dressed and get to Cagney's in time. It was nice to have a relaxing breakfast in our room (in our jammies) at the table by the window. So peaceful. But, having said that, we did prefer to go there for breakfast because of the mini buffet they have. You get that along with your breakfast order, and it includes things like cereal, muffins, pastries, fruits, cold cuts, smoked salmon, prosciutto, cream cheese, etc.

You will have a larger, flat screen TV and a DVD player, along with a library of at least 50 (maybe a lot more) movies to choose from. I take along our own DVD's that we've been wanting to watch.

You will have a nice single serve coffee/tea/espresso maker in your room. You might need the butler to show you how to use it the first time if you want it to make espresso with foamed milk, etc. They will keep the supplies coming, as well as keep the water reservoir filled.

We had 4 adults. DH & I along with my elderly parents. We let them have the big bed and we used the Murphy. It is very comfy! There is plenty of room in this suite to move around, even if all the beds are made out. Very spacious.

There is lots of storage. The closet is broken into 4 sections, with upper and lower areas in 2 or 3 of them. Robes are hanging in one of the closets. In the main part of the room you have the vanity area with several drawers, you have 2 night stands and 2 free standing units that have 2 drawers each, and can be seats or places to put things on top of. We had way more than enough storage for us!

The bathroom is wonderful! Nice, large tub and a separate shower with the big sunflower nozzle as well as a spray nozzle. A long vanity counter with 2 sinks, and in-wall storage for smaller things. There are also a couple drawers under the sinks, and a couple open areas. The vanity doesn't go all the way to the floor, so under that you can have shoes or a dirty clothes bag or whatever you want. There is a scale, of all things, under the vanity counter too.

Here's my favorite tip about the family suites though.....if you've seen pictures you might see the curtains and it appears that they kind of obstruct the views. They do. I stood on a chair in the center part of the windows and unhooked the curtains and sheers, then pushed them all the way back to the sides. I brought along some wide ribbon to tie the curtains back and we had the best, unobstructed view for the entire cruise. I also brought a wide ribbon to tie the curtain that separates the sleeping areas between the Murphy and the couch. That helped a lot because that curtain can get in the way of the TV if you're sitting on the couch, or it can get in the way of looking out the windows from the rest of the room. It's on a sliding track so you can slide it either way, and it won't block your view.

Enjoy!

ok great thanks again for the info ... it also sounds like i do not need the over the door shoe holder right ?

No need at all! How many of you will be in the suite?

please help me out here in order to move my room number dont i have to basically rebook and then i will get charged the higher price now ? i know before we had 12030 booked and changed it to 12528 (sorry i said 12028) and i know that i lost my on board credit because of moving so what should i do ?

OMG! How can they do a re-book when all you are doing is changing from one cabin in a noisy area to down the hall where it's quite?

My PCC/NCL didn't bat an eye when I informed her about how bad I heard that the location of 12030 was. She just moved us. And we thank God she did. :D

We are about to book the very same cruise we just got off of. Same cabin #12506/same ship Star/same beautiful Bermuda. :D:D

OMG! How can they do a re-book when all you are doing is changing from one cabin in a noisy area to down the hall where it's quite?

My PCC/NCL didn't bat an eye when I informed her about how bad I heard that the location of 12030 was. She just moved us. And we thank God she did. :D

We are about to book the very same cruise we just got off of. Same cabin #12506/same ship Star/same beautiful Bermuda. :D:D

I talked to my husband about moving and he does not want to move. Is that location that bad? and if we move will the movement from the ship be bad? thanks so much sorry we have always stayed mid ship till our last cruise and we were in a rear aft and it seemed like forever to walk anywhere

Jan

I talked to my husband about moving and he does not want to move. Is that location that bad? and if we move will the movement from the ship be bad? thanks so much sorry we have always stayed mid ship till our last cruise and we were in a rear aft and it seemed like forever to walk anywhere

Jan

I was so glad my husband said it would be best for us to move.

Every time I walked by 12030 I would say to my dh, 'good move, thanks.'

I only saw my neighbor pass by my cabin once and one time I heard them pass by with some friends. Other then that I only saw/heard my butler and stewards.

12506 is only 10 cabins down so the walk isn't must longer but the quietness

is heaven and the movement from the ship would be the same.

I always had mid ship but ventured out and had aft 2x and loved it even had the OS on the Jewel which had balconies in the front and side and it was nice all the way up front. Guess it doesn't matter where I am on the ship! ;)

I find it gets better the further up/down you go.

About the dvd library......they were all OLD movies. :mad:

Debs

I was so glad my husband said it would be best for us to move.

Every time I walked by 12030 I would say to my dh, 'good move, thanks.'

I only saw my neighbor pass by my cabin once and one time I heard them pass by with some friends. Other then that I only saw/heard my butler and stewards.

12506 is only 10 cabins down so the walk isn't must longer but the quietness

is heaven and the movement from the ship would be the same.

I always had mid ship but ventured out and had aft 2x and loved it even had the OS on the Jewel which had balconies in the front and side and it was nice all the way up front. Guess it doesn't matter where I am on the ship! ;)

I find it gets better the further up/down you go.

About the dvd library......they were all OLD movies. :mad:

Debs

i will try to talk to him again about moving. He just is stuck on being close because this is the first time we are taking our 7 year old daughter. So it wont really be quiet for us anyway ! lol what other things can you tell me to bring or not to bring due to the difference in the cabin from the standard thanks

Jan

i will try to talk to him again about moving. He just is stuck on being close because this is the first time we are taking our 7 year old daughter. So it wont really be quiet for us anyway ! lol what other things can you tell me to bring or not to bring due to the difference in the cabin from the standard thanks

Jan

It a fantastic cabin!! There was so much space for the two of us. LOVED IT!

Just bring what you normally would. Its just the BIG space that changes from the standard.

I guess you can bring x-tra $$ for the butler and stewards. ;) lol

There are 21 drawers to fill with your stuff.

It a fantastic cabin!! There was so much space for the two of us. LOVED IT!

Just bring what you normally would. Its just the BIG space that changes from the standard.

I guess you can bring x-tra $$ for the butler and stewards. ;) lol

There are 21 drawers to fill with your stuff.

ok great thanks so much!! i can not wait the next 20 weeks feel like they are going to take forever ! we usually cruise in april or may and this year we chose october and it feels like forever now there is a year and a half gap

Jan

Jan

According to the Drag-It deckplan, 12028 and 12528 are directly under the Deck 13's jogging track. They try to close it 8pm - 8am but there are a few people ignoring it.

Hopefully this will convince your husband to move ;)

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/Main/dragit2.php?ship=Norwegian Star

Note: the Meeting Rooms 1 and 2 are also directly under the jogging track, if you want to know where the track actually is.

Line up the elevator banks when dragging a deck over another.

DSCN9177.jpg.4a4e78e88342105008cc585ed6a44f8d.jpg

DSCN9178.jpg.a942d65e3011efe452985606da45f4a5.jpg

Jan

It isn't THAT bad. Don't worry about it. You have a great cabin. :) Seriously.

The only time it gets busy out by the pool is noon-to-5 on sea days, a time when most people (yourself included if you have a 7 year old) are out and about and are somewhere other than in your cabin. After dinner and on port days the pool area is relatively quiet.

In the morning when people are going to the buffet, there is only the people who are coming/returning up your hallway (and maybe from the next flight down). In other words: not that many.

The people pushing you to change your cabins, although they have the best intentions, seem to be assuming that everybody out by the pool is going to go back to their cabin via your hallway. Not true. For the sake of simplicity sake, there are 4 entrances/exits to the pool area. 2 forward, port and starboard, and 2 aft, port and starboard. Your hallway is 1 of those 4.

The Star is not that big of a ship. It only carries 2200, give or take. So you do the math, and don't forget to take into consideration 1) that half of all the passengers will not be in the pool area at any given time, 2) not everybody entering/leaving the pool deck is going to go thru your hallway, and 3) not everybody enters/leaves all at the same time.

As it stands from my point of view, it's not that big of a deal. The cabin doors are heavy and the hallway is extra wide. When I was on the Star (I was 1 flight down, in a 2 bedroom family suite) I found your entire hallway, from the stairs down the hall and out to the pool area, to be fairly quiet whenever I was thru there. The library is right there too, which kind of deadens the mood as people make the passage through.

My advice; Don't worry about it. Keep what you got and have a great time.

It isn't THAT bad. Don't worry about it. You have a great cabin. :) Seriously.

True, it's not that bad.... but it's not that good.

The only time it gets busy out by the pool is noon-to-5 on sea days, a time when most people (yourself included if you have a 7 year old) are out and about and are somewhere other than in your cabin. After dinner and on port days the pool area is relatively quiet.

The pool looked somewhat busy each and every time I walked by.

In the morning when people are going to the buffet, there is only the people who are coming/returning up your hallway (and maybe from the next flight down). In other words: not that many.

which is more reason to switch. way too much activity at all times of the day.

The people pushing you to change your cabins, although they have the best intentions, seem to be assuming that everybody out by the pool is going to go back to their cabin via your hallway. Not true. For the sake of simplicity sake, there are 4 entrances/exits to the pool area. 2 forward, port and starboard, and 2 aft, port and starboard. Your hallway is 1 of those 4.

If there are 12 suites past your cabin with let's say 6 ppl in each and another 12 inside with 2 ppl each, that alone would be a hell of a lot more ppl walking by your cabin to go to the spa, the outdoor pools, bbq, kids area, teen area and fitness center.

The Star is not that big of a ship. It only carries 2200, give or take. So you do the math, and don't forget to take into consideration 1) that half of all the passengers will not be in the pool area at any given time, 2) not everybody entering/leaving the pool deck is going to go thru your hallway, and 3) not everybody enters/leaves all at the same time.

I didn't even think about all the people who come from the deck below. WOW

As it stands from my point of view, it's not that big of a deal. The cabin doors are heavy and the hallway is extra wide. When I was on the Star (I was 1 flight down, in a 2 bedroom family suite) I found your entire hallway, from the stairs down the hall and out to the pool area, to be fairly quiet whenever I was thru there. The library is right there too, which kind of deadens the mood as people make the passage through.

doors might be heavy but not sound proofed,

My advice; Don't worry about it. Keep what you got and have a great time.

I heard too many horror stories about the jogging track above, That alone should have a person move their cabin.

Good Luck.

Archived