Am wondering how Celebrity handles....

M&M Hayden

Am wondering how Celebrity handles 'consecutive cruises' on different ships.

On RCCL you can sail out of Port Everglades on a Saturday on Oasis and then when getting back into port, sail on Sunday on Allure. RCCL will pick treat this as 'consecutive cruising' and they will 'comp' a hotel for you for Saturday night and provide transportation to the port on the second sailing (Sunday).

To be honest with RCCL you can sail one cruise out of Port Everglades on Saturday and Miami the following Sunday and they will consider them consecutive.

Anyone know if Celebrity treats this the same way?

Thanks

BTW, in order to do this you do need to set it up with their 'consecutive cruisers' dept.

I did this in December and NEVER AGAIN. This happened due to redeployment of the ships, as I was originally going to be on the Solstice for both weeks. Long story short we did the Eclipse one week, had a day in between and then the Solstice.

Celebrity promised: transportation from MIA after the Eclipse to FLL for the Solstice.

1 night in a hotel in FLL

(we also got a nice OBC since Celebrity had to change our cruise)

Prior to the cruise, I kept asking and asking and pleading for a voucher from Celebrity re: transportation between ports. I was given a voucher for the FLL Hilton but nothing for the port to port transportation. They emailed me verifying they were taking care of the transportation and to take the email to Guest Relations on the Eclipse.

I did that FOUR TIMES (spent approx 2 hours waiting in lines and talking w/ TOTALLY NICE BUT USELESS staff). I was told... "just go outside and there will be someone to take you." I asked do I hold up a sign saying "SOMEONE TAKE ME TO THE PIER"?

They assured me there would be someone right outside to take care of it.

NOPE. I ran back and forth from one kiosk to another person and each would send me back to the other. It was hot. It was humid. I was tired. NOTHING and no help from anyone.

After about 45 min, I started crying (and I NEVER cry) and a bus driver asked what was wrong. I explained. He put me in his small bus and took me to the Hilton. He asked for the voucher and all I could give him was a nice gratuity and a copy of the email.

So yes, it was considered by Celebrity as a B2B

Yes I had a hotel in between

And NO they really didn't supply transportation as claimed. Plan on taking a cab.

Archived