Rick Steves

Vonnie1

Hi everyone

If you haven't already bought it/read it I would thoroughly recommend buying Rick Steves' book on Mediterranean Cruise Ports. Its particularly useful for all first time cruisers/ first time in Europe or just for any one going on the cruise who might think they already know all there is to know!!! The book is basically divided into 3 parts. For first time cruisers it talks about which cruise to take/ which cruise line to suit specific needs. He then talks specific travel skills with advice on what to do before you cruise and some really good ideas for making the most of your time both on and off the ship. However a large part of the book is dedicated to the ports you are most likely to visit on a Med cruise. As he says in his introduction it is a bit of a bricklike tome but he has left nothing out and there are maps of all the major cities in the front of the book. I can see my copy being well thumbed even before we set sail and having just been down to London this weekend I made the most of the two hour travelling each way to start absorbing all the great tips. So don't delay

Order yours now!!! Rick Steves is an American author but for all all you Brits you can buy it easily on Amazon. In my opinion a very good investment and one i hope is going to save me a lot of time and money

I totally agree! We have been huge Rick Steves fans for couple of years. His broadcasts about the various Mediterranean ports show on some of the television channels, and we have DVR'd all of the ones we will cover on our cruise. We have had our cruise book since Christmas and have been reading it cover to cover. Last year, when we sailed on the Magic, we also downloaded his walking tour of Florence to our ipods for free--wonderful way to see the city.

We just bought this book last night on Amazon and can't wait to read through it! We're sailing on Carnival Breeze on June 3rd and most of our ports are included in this book so it should be very useful to us. :)

I totally agree! We have been huge Rick Steves fans for couple of years. His broadcasts about the various Mediterranean ports show on some of the television channels, and we have DVR'd all of the ones we will cover on our cruise. We have had our cruise book since Christmas and have been reading it cover to cover. Last year, when we sailed on the Magic, we also downloaded his walking tour of Florence to our ipods for free--wonderful way to see the city.

Oh that's an interesting point to make- must look into that one for my ipod then. I see you are sailing the month before me- my fellow travellers and I will no doubt l all be awaiting pictures and reviews of this great ship on your return.

Best wishes

Yvonne

We just bought this book last night on Amazon and can't wait to read through it! We're sailing on Carnival Breeze on June 3rd and most of our ports are included in this book so it should be very useful to us. :)

Hope you have a great time- this is the inaugral cruise you are on then. Hope you have a great time- us later travellers will be eagerly awaiting news/pictures of this ship.

Best wishes

Yvonne

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all, I can't seem to register on the website that was set up, so will stick to my quill pen and cruise critic roll call.

Have done the research for italian ports - and got a good personal recommendation from friends - to use Best Limos in Rome, as they are good, have good itineraries, prices - about 100 dollars per person for groups of 8, and best of all for me, they take credit card payments.

Here are the itineraries - let me know if you want to join in. regards Luke

lukeferrer@post.com or contact them directly on info@*****.com

http://www.*****.com/eternalrome-DOCK01.htm

http://www.*****.com/livorno-docks01.htm

http://www.*****.com/napoli-dock01.htm

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all, just heard from friends that one of their cruise companions was at Pisa when his wife had a fall. As he was helping her, three gypsy women came near and the next thing they had his wallet and they were gone.

Please make sure you get a pac safe or something similar. It is a horrible thing to happen anytime but on a holiday it can really ruin your fun.

Take care, Luke

Archived