Dream spa crowds

waykaylincruz

Can some of you please share your experiences with the Dream spa and crowds? For those of you who have purchased the weekly spa package that includes the thalasso pool and steam/sauna rooms, was there times you went that it was too crowded to use?? I would hate to pay that money and then have occasions when I can't use it because of how crowded it can get.

We are cruising on the Dream on May 19 and I'm sure the ship will be crowded that time of year.

Thanks for your help!!

Can some of you please share your experiences with the Dream spa and crowds? For those of you who have purchased the weekly spa package that includes the thalasso pool and steam/sauna rooms, was there times you went that it was too crowded to use?? I would hate to pay that money and then have occasions when I can't use it because of how crowded it can get.

We are cruising on the Dream on May 19 and I'm sure the ship will be crowded that time of year.

Thanks for your help!!

We cruised over Halloween in 2010 and had a spa cabin. Honestly, there really weren't any problems with crowds in the spa on our cruise. The most people I ever saw in the steam room was maybe 6, including us, and it's a big steam room. I never saw anyone in the sauna. The most people in the Thalasso pool was again probably six, but it's a BIG pool and that only happened once or twice...and we used the steam room/thalasso pool every day :)

Our last day at sea, the weather was really crappy and all of the heated loungers were filled (I have to be honest and say that my hubby and I took up two of them for 2 hours straight, just laying there warm and reading) but that was the most crowded we saw the spa the entire week, and even then it wasn't bad considering no one wanted to go outside that day :)

We also purchased the weekly pass on the Dream over Halloween 2011 and never really ran into a crowd. The most people that were ever in the T-pool were 8 and there was still plenty of room. The steam/sauna rooms were never more than 3 or 4 people. And, we never had to wait to use the showers in the private locker room (which were are favorite perk). We went down at different times of the days.

There's plenty of rooms (T-pool, 2 steam rooms, 1 sauna, 1 relaxation room). So, if one place is crowded, enjoy another one of the rooms until it starts to clear out. :)

The missus and I had a spa cabin on the Dream in February. Access to the spa was nice but, I don't think it was worth the additional to get a spa cabin. As for facilities, the steam rooms (I don't do dry) were to die for, especially the Japanese steam. We used the thelaasotherapy pool about four times and only once was there less than, oh, 10 people in the pool. Now granted, it's a big pool, but it really is nothing more than a big hot tub. And I can't speak for others, but it seemed like everytime we went up there, we were getting a sales pitch for this product or that product. A polite declination was generally in order.

I'm cruising Dream in July. On the Triumph and Miracle the steam rooms were in each lockerroom outside the gym (and free). So, on the Dream, are they only in the spa and you have to pay extra to use them? I'm not interested in the special pool, heated loungers or spa services...just the steam room. Are there nice big showers to use in the gym lockerrooms?

I'm cruising Dream in July. On the Triumph and Miracle the steam rooms were in each lockerroom outside the gym (and free). So, on the Dream, are they only in the spa and you have to pay extra to use them? I'm not interested in the special pool, heated loungers or spa services...just the steam room. Are there nice big showers to use in the gym lockerrooms?

Yes, on the Dream you have to pay to use them. And yes, the showers are huge and wonderful.

Thanks for your help!!

The only thing we ever had a problem using were the heated loungers. There are not a lot of them and seemed that everytime we went we had to wait or come back...I certainly don't mind people using them to relax but I did find it rude when people slept in them for hours...

There is a free steamroom in the locker rooms outside of the spa - one in the men's and one in the women's. There are also showers in the locker rooms outside of the spa, but they are much smaller than the private locker room which is accessible only with the spa pass/booking a spa cabin.

I think I might be more excited about the large showers more than the other ammenities....LOL!!! I always say I'm going to try the showers out in the spa but never do. This might be the cruise I do!!

I HIGHLY recommend them. One is a handicapped accessible shower and is very large. The other is just a tad smaller, but has a little changing room that you walk into before you get into the shower. It has hooks on the wall and a little tile bench seat you can use to get dressed/undressed before you get into the shower. Plus, the private locker room has full-size hair dryers that you can use for free.

The last time we were on the gym we bought weekly passes

The pool for me was way crowded seemed like there always a wait to get on the metal Lounges

We also noted that many people were just letting thier friends in

Perhap it was just the week

3 x on he dream and we do enjoy her our fav class of ship

We had a spa cabin on the Dream last February and never had any problems with crowds. We used the therapy pool a few times and never saw more than 4 or 5 people in there. The heated lounges and the aromatherapy steam rooms were always available. Whether or not it is "worth it" is pretty subjective. I did like the access and that the spa cabins are non-smoking balconies too.

The only time I noticed it was crowded was on the first or second day of the cruise. We had late dinner (8 pm) and we would go to the spa around 6 pm when the first group of people were headed to dinner. We never encountered anyone in the spa. It was generally peaceful and relaxing.

And I can't speak for others, but it seemed like everytime we went up there, we were getting a sales pitch for this product or that product. A polite declination was generally in order.

Do you mean you got these pitches when you actually partook in spa services?

They push those Elemis products pretty hard when you get a facial/massage/etc. on the cruise, but when we had our spa passes and were just up there using the steam room/thalasso pool/heated loungers (on a daily basis) no one ever tried to pitch us a product...

We were on the Dream April 21-28 and used the Spa every day (Rm 11230 so first two adults got free passes/wrist bands

It was never crowded when we used it. Most people in the pool when I used it was about 7-8. Says max capacity is something like 44 but you couldn't get that many in there with a plunger !

Steam room (Turkish) never had more than 5 people. Relaxation beds were never all used.

Use it during a port day and it will likely be all yours. The showers are worth the cost alone. It was one of the high points of our trip. Enjoy

Archived