Charge for Cappacino's in MDR now?

bankonus

guess they have to make up for it on the free appetizers.

actually, i suspect it has something to do with the comedy brunch.

Just saw a comment on Heald's facebook page and there was a drink menu listed for the comedy brunch. At the bottom showed a charge for cappucino and expresso. So, when the brunch is rolled out to various ships, a charge for cappucino and expresso will begin.

According to the Comedy Brunch Menu JH posted today, there is a $2.95 charge during the brunch. I don't know if it was normally free during mdr breakfast in the past.

I wouldn't be surprised if this is a test to see if people would be willing to pay for it in the mdr for dinner.

I wouldn't be surprised if this is a test to see if people would be willing to pay for it in the mdr for dinner.

No, i wont pay for it. In fact they can stick it where the sun doesnt shine.

I am begining to think my cruising days are numbered.

So far it is only on the Miracle :( my ship 5/30. I really looked forward to that itsy bitsy little cappy after my huge dinner :eek:. It wasn't ever really that good but it was a nice perk. I guess Carnival has decided that we don't need no perking up.:D

I guess Carnival has decided that we don't need no perking up.:D

Nope. Eat your dinner and go to bed and don't pay their outrageous drink prices in the disco or the piano bar. Maybe then they will rethink the stupid coffee charges.

If in fact they do decide to charge across the fleet in the MDR, I won't be ordering.:(

I do enjoy a cappucino after dinner, but find that only half of them are worth drinking. Sometimes they are just nasty!!

We sailed the Freedom last August. I had an espresso every night after dinner, no charge. However, the two times I ordered it during breakfast in the MDR, I was charged. I think they are like Sodas for kids, only free in the MDR at dinner time.

So sounds like this might be a charge JUST for the comedy brunch? Can anyone else confirm this? Or I guess we may have to wait for more info from recent Miracle cruisers? :(

I was on the last Miracle cruise before she moved to New York. This was the first week they had the Comedy Brunch. I can confirm they were charging for them at dinner as well. The waiter said it was the first week they were doing it.

I was on the last Miracle cruise before she moved to New York. This was the first week they had the Comedy Brunch. I can confirm they were charging for them at dinner as well. The waiter said it was the first week they were doing it.

Thanks for the 'sad' news :( - oh well - guess it will have to be a 'sometimes' treat instead of every night - bad idea Carnival! :mad:

Archived