PART 3!! **OFFICIAL** FUNNEL FUNATICS feelin' the BREEZE 11/24/12 US INAUGURAL!!!

I've been saving up for a nice car for a while now. Also been selling a bunch of my collectibles to help with the down payment. But as Cass said, I'm looking at a new 2012 Challenger. My parents are coming over so my Dad's going to go with us since he's 'Mr. Car Guy'.

Yeah, there are certain days where he will litteraly just run around the house. I can't wait until we can start running/jogging together as that will help us both out.

I think I'm nervous because it's such a large sum of money. I've never owned a new car and the thought of spending that much money on a car is kind of nervewracking. Hopefully tomorrow will quell my apprehensiveness.

Can't wait for today's work day to be over. My boss is gone almost all next week so it should be nice and relaxing here. Plus we are making our yummy buffalo chicken dip tonight :D

Have a great Friday everyone!

I remember the same feelings when I got my first new vehicle. I realized I was gonna hand over this huge chunk of change for a shiny new truck....and they expected me to drive it on the road with everyone else!!!

The second worse is when your brand new car gets its first scrape, dent or ding.

The only bit of advice I can give you in buying a car, if definitely test drive it first, on the highway and on residential streets.

Statistically the worst color to buy is yellow.. it has the hardest time selling as a used car. Now dont get me wrong if you want yellow go for it, you might even wrap a few stripes of black around it and get a license plate that reads "STNGR" (I have seen a dodge rumble bee with that exact plate in NC before)

I remember the same feelings when I got my first new vehicle. I realized I was gonna hand over this huge chunk of change for a shiny new truck....and they expected me to drive it on the road with everyone else!!!

The second worse is when your brand new car gets its first scrape, dent or ding.

The only bit of advice I can give you in buying a car, if definitely test drive it first, on the highway and on residential streets.

Statistically the worst color to buy is yellow.. it has the hardest time selling as a used car. Now dont get me wrong if you want yellow go for it, you might even wrap a few stripes of black around it and get a license plate that reads "STNGR" (I have seen a dodge rumble bee with that exact plate in NC before)

I remember my first brand-new car. It was a 1917 REO Speedwagon.

I've been saving up for a nice car for a while now. Also been selling a bunch of my collectibles to help with the down payment. But as Cass said, I'm looking at a new 2012 Challenger. My parents are coming over so my Dad's going to go with us since he's 'Mr. Car Guy'.

Yeah, there are certain days where he will litteraly just run around the house. I can't wait until we can start running/jogging together as that will help us both out.

I think I'm nervous because it's such a large sum of money. I've never owned a new car and the thought of spending that much money on a car is kind of nervewracking. Hopefully tomorrow will quell my apprehensiveness.

Can't wait for today's work day to be over. My boss is gone almost all next week so it should be nice and relaxing here. Plus we are making our yummy buffalo chicken dip tonight :D

've driven my new mustang once ---home from the dealership lol==I'm skeered lol

Thanks Ward. I hate Yellow. I've only seen the Yellow Jacket or whatever they call it online. I'm looking at Red with black racing stripes down the middle. It will not be an ugly car ;).

When I do the test drive, I plan on going my route to work (all back roads) and then jumping on the highway near my work for a few miles to test it in both conditions. It won't be 'my' car but it'll be the same model and engine.

I don't plan on reselling this vehicle so I have to keep telling myself that this is my new collectible to take the sting from selling all my Star Wars and Lord of the Rings statues :o (yes, I'm a dork).

Don't even worry about it! Just close your eyes and hand it over ($$$$) and then bring your new baby home!:D

Mornin all !

Sitting here with eyes watering -- allergies are bad this am

Having a small cookout Sun afternoon ---just burgers/hot dogs, pot salad, baked beans, deviled aggs and my friend Deb is bringing a dessert. Cyn is coming from Jax tom too---think she said she would make jello shots -mmmm ! Let's hope the rain holds off till evening. Y'all come on down !

Chris, enjpy test driving the new car !

All have a great day, bbl :)

Sounds good Dox! Have fun on Sunday and hope the rain holds off for you!:)

Good Morning Funatics! Hope everyone has a great Friday the 13th! Gonna stay inside and do nothing here...too hot and humid outside.

Afternoon Ready! Made it home early today so now I'm just "chillin' out." So far, so good! No Friday 13th mayham here!:) How's your day going?

hahaha Allen you are too much.. I know the band REO Speedwagon..;):D And the band was in the 70's..

Oh ye of little faith!

1933-reo-speedwagon-model-bn-1.jpg Classic Truck Image Gallery

With its 95-horsepower "Gold Crown" six-cylinder engine, the fast-for-its-day 1933 Reo Speedwagon Model BN lived up to its name. See more classic truck pictures.

Built for speed and finely crafted, the 1933 Reo Speedwagon Model BN pickup is a rare find today.

Thanks Ward. I hate Yellow. I've only seen the Yellow Jacket or whatever they call it online. I'm looking at Red with black racing stripes down the middle. It will not be an ugly car ;).

When I do the test drive, I plan on going my route to work (all back roads) and then jumping on the highway near my work for a few miles to test it in both conditions. It won't be 'my' car but it'll be the same model and engine.

I don't plan on reselling this vehicle so I have to keep telling myself that this is my new collectible to take the sting from selling all my Star Wars and Lord of the Rings statues :o (yes, I'm a dork).

Lol! I love the looks of the New Dodge Challenger. Like somebody took the original and pumped it full of steroids. Just like the new Camaro. Enjoy!

1917, that's been while!:eek: I think mine was a 1970 Cougar XR7 with houndstooth bucket seats!

I won't tell you what my first car was... ok I will... '83 chevy cavalier.. thing was built like a tank, but I was lessthanpopular seeing as how it was early 1996 when I first got my license... :p

Yabba dabba doooooooooooooooo funatics!! Cheers to TGIF!!!:p

I am so ready for two days away from the office!:D Gotta go get something to eat now and then see what shenanigans there are to read about here while I was workin':p;)

I like your thinking! I need to remember it's 2 full days OFF work instead of thinking it's one day off then one day thinking about having to work the next! (classic pessimist when it comes to work!)

Well we have an appt at 2pm tomorrow to test drive! I'm excited, and I know Chris is too, and he's glad his dad is coming too. His dad is like Mr. Car Guru - so much so that he co-authored THE authority book on '64-'72 GTO restorations and now in his retirement, he spends his days restoring cars on an "I'll decide" basis for people across the country. Chris never got into the actual mechanics of cars growing up, but growing up around that he can't help but be enamored with muscle cars... and I'll admit I can't wait to ride in one!

Buffalo dip turned out great, but my happy hour co-pilot turned in early, so I'm on my own... hehehe. Happy Friday Everyone!

All right. I will be the 1st to post our activities for the 8 dayer.Everything is now paid for. Cruise, parking for the 10 days, and the Shore excursions are paid for.

Nov. 23. I will not be doing anything special in Nassau. Been there twice, Done that twice. We will just take a cab to a beach on W. Bay Street a half mile away where there are vendors and you can see the ship close by.

Nov. 26. In Grand Turk, we are doing the Gibbs Cay Beach and Stingray Encounter through Carnival.

Nov. 27. In La Romana, Dominic Republic, we are doing the Altos De Chavon and River Cruise through Carnival.

Nov. 28. In Curacao, we are doing the Sunset cruise through Bounty Adventures after an hour of sightseeing on our own.

Nov. 29. And in Aruba, we are doing the Jolly Pirates! Sail, Snorkel, Swim, and Swing.

It will be fun to see all of you and get to know you on the Ship or on any of the adventures.

Ummm....Ron you are organized...nicely done! :p

Archived