Galveston -Hotel for 6

Hi- I am having trouble finding a hotel for our family of six. Surely we aren't the only large family. Either the results say we exceed the occupancy or have to stay two days.

Getting two rooms is expensive.

There is a nice hotel by Kemah, but I would rather be closer to the pier.

Do you think people smuggle one child in ? :D Help !

I've searched a lot of threads :( Thanks

hmmmm? I have been to Galveston several times. I live in Texas. There are plenty of chain hotels there. Have you tried priceline? tripadvisor.com?

We stay in Kemah when we go to NASA. The Kemah Boardwalk is fun. It is a great pre-cruise activity. NASA is fun too and interesting. We have stayed at Holiday Inn Express Kemah and another that I cant remember the name (wasnt a chain) it is right across from NASA, if I remember correctly. There is like a Days Inn or something close to that right by Kemah Boardwalk that has terrible reviews on tripadvisor.com. I would read some reviews there

In Galveston, we have stayed at Guidos (it is ok) and some others that need to be knock down forever. It is on the beach and run down.

I have no clue why the hotels in Galveston whould require 2 nights for cruise passengers? That is lame.

hmmmm? I have been to Galveston several times. I live in Texas. There are plenty of chain hotels there. Have you tried priceline? tripadvisor.com?

We stay in Kemah when we go to NASA. The Kemah Boardwalk is fun. It is a great pre-cruise activity. NASA is fun too and interesting. We have stayed at Holiday Inn Express Kemah and another that I cant remember the name (wasnt a chain) it is right across from NASA, if I remember correctly. There is like a Days Inn or something close to that right by Kemah Boardwalk that has terrible reviews on tripadvisor.com. I would read some reviews there

In Galveston, we have stayed at Guidos (it is ok) and some others that need to be knock down forever. It is on the beach and run down.

I have no clue why the hotels in Galveston whould require 2 nights for cruise passengers? That is lame.

Thanks to a fellow San Antonion :) I ask on trip advisor.. They were stunned Not even Comfort Suites .... I found a Marriott in Webster , it looks vey nice. I just wanted close to the pier. Again Thanks

NASA is in Clearlake, so you can check there. That is the Holiday Inn we stayed at.

So you are from San Antonio?

We are not booked for a cruise but DH and I talked about just leaving early and gettting to Galveston and not getting a room.

I hope you find something. There are some hotels with suites in Galveston too

NASA is in Clearlake, so you can check there. That is the Holiday Inn we stayed at.

So you are from San Antonio?

We are not booked for a cruise but DH and I talked about just leaving early and gettting to Galveston and not getting a room.

I hope you find something. There are some hotels with suites in Galveston too

Yes, we are in SA.. We want to go to Galveston early just in case of a delay. Car trouble. etc

I made reservations over the phone as it would not let me book the number of people on the site.. but got room including breakfast, parking, internet, shuttle and free mini golf for 67 including taxes.. and will sleep all six of us.. Good luck i hope you find a hotel you are happy with.. our cruise leaves on 5/13 so if want i can take pics to assure you have a great cruise..

I made reservations over the phone as it would not let me book the number of people on the site.. but got room including breakfast, parking, internet, shuttle and free mini golf for 67 including taxes.. and will sleep all six of us.. Good luck i hope you find a hotel you are happy with.. our cruise leaves on 5/13 so if want i can take pics to assure you have a great cruise..

I may do that, call . Thanks --- Happy Cruzin :D

There are at least 200 hotels between the tollway south and Galveston Island. All want your business, and all except those on the island offer single night stays. The hotels on the island do this for the summer and spring break seasons, they are not alone, most beach town hotels do this.

If you are just driving down then consider one of the hotels past NASA Parkway, a new Spring Hill Suites is right at the NASA Bypass exit and a ton of restaurants are close by. Even Rudy's Barbeque is a block away.

Kemah is nice, but on a weekend night it will be crowded, and hotels will be priced higher. Look in the League City area, several new hotels have sprung up along the freeway and just off a few miles, as Tanger is far along on new outlet mall construction.

Galveston.com has a huge list of hotels on the island, but it isn't necessary to stay there for just an overnight.

As for the need for 6, that is three beds, and few hotels outside a Residence Inn with fold out couch will have that. If you want to sleep three to a bed then register for four and wing it.

We found a two bedroom suite in Clear Lake City (near NASA) for $99 per night. There are two queen beds plus a pull out sofa and a kitchenette. You can book it on Marriott's web site. It gets mixed reviews on Tripadvisor.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Archived