Book Club on QM2

ChansonDeLaMer

On our last TA, I thoroughly enjoyed the Book Club. I'm wondering if there is any way to find out the title of the book pre cruise so I can get a headstart. Are there any suggestions for getting the title in advance?

Guessing that your voyage is on QM2, perhaps this might be of help http://www.cunard.com/Ships/Queen-Mary-2/Enrichment-Programmes-/

BTW, I'm a fan of the Book Club too :) Happy sails, -Salacia

Yes, the QM2. I'll keep monitoring that site. Thanks.

You're welcome. It does take a while for a particular voyage to show the particulars. Maybe that's a good thing: one time, I read the book featured before the voyage, and then gave it to my husband to read. We discussed the book. By the time we boarded the ship, we had moved on to another book. Since then, I don't mind waiting until the last minute to learn the title to be discussed on board!:)

BTW, I've noticed less book club meetings on board, and on several voyages - no book club meetings where scheduled. I do hope this programme is not to be discontinued. Regards, -S.

• 2 weeks later...

I just got off the ship and I was told that there was no book club on the last two crossings because they did not get their shipment of the book. I asked if they would have it on the May 22 westbound crossing and was told that they expected to get the books at Southampton yesterday. The title was something I wasn't familiar with, and I'm not sure that I have it exactly right, but I THINK that it's "When God was a Rabbit".

I read somewhere on the Cunard website that they use the same book for book club for one quarter. Does anyone know if this is the case? If so, then the book scheduled for the May 22nd WB crossing would also be used for the May 29th EB.

Archived