Snorkeling through Princess

LaurieCM

Hi- I purchased the snorkeling over the shipwreck excursion through Princess- the catamaran was not a great shape (torn sails) and over-crowded at 80 passengers. There were not enough seats for everyone during the trip to the 1st site. The snorkeling was ok at the first place- not much to see, but plenty of room. At the shipwreck everyone, of course, wanted to see the wreck, but with so many people, the bumping was awful- lots of people were kicked in the head. A few were stung by jellyfish- not the fault of the catamaran company, but just something else to make a bad snorkeling trip memorable. On the way back the "captain" poured the rum freely to try and ensure a good report about the excursion. 80 people is just too many for even a large snorkeling site. I had to book excursions through Princess as I am a widow now and my Mother wanted me to be safe (the ship not leaving me behind, etc), but I will book privately in the future, perhaps hooking up with Cruise Critic members.

It's to bad that you had such an experience, the water conditions no one can control but the crowded conditions are something that do often occur on ship sponsored excursions and is the main reason that I try to avoid them.

Archived