Questions about NCL Dawn out of New York.

Sailing on the Dawn on 06/27/04, need information about hotels and parking will be driving from Ohio.

Also any information to help with 11 yr. old boy and 14 year old girl would be helpful.

Thank You,

Mariner 2/8/04 Days Remaining until my next cruise

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;2;8;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Soverign 88,89,90

Holiday 89

Sun Viking 91

Nordic Empress 91,92

Majesty of the Seas 92,93

Voyager of the Seas 01

Millennium 03

Hi,

I'm going to be on the same cruise! icon_smile.gif

but anyway.. awhile ago there was a discussion on parking near the pier..

parking @ the pier

and as for hotels, living so close to NY, we never stayed there over nite, so I dont know which is good or not.. but I'll do the best I can. you could probably do a search with hotels.com or some other hotel search, get the hotel name and find their website to do business directly with them, instead of off another site, if u didnt want to do that.

i also found this site that just has a list of hotels in NYC their #'s and addresses, and the site also has a webcam of the port so you can watch ships come and leave even before you get here- wired NY hotels

Wired NY port cam

The pier is located at 711 12th Ave and if u go to their site they have prices for parking and a # u can call.

When you do a search for hotels, I think anything on W. 42nd up to W. 57th street is pretty close.

manhattan.jpg

the red part is where the pier is, and the green part is where it said Central Park

manhattan2.jpg

the pink arrow is where it said passenger terminal and the gray part is where the 3 piers are..

i hoped all of that helped icon_smile.gif

parking right at the pier very convenient but it is 168.00 for the week to be paid up front when you arrive. I wouldn't go any other way because then you get right out of New York

when you return.

my pictures didnt work and i cant edit them, so i'll just post the addresses here (u cant click the links, they dont work, so just copy the addresses):

http://www.angelfire.com/indie/iloveadidas9/manhattan.jpg

http://www.angelfire.com/indie/iloveadidas9/manhattan2.jpg

[This message was edited by swimmer9 on 06-18-04 at 01:17 PM.]

please be aware that you can't take your bags to the car on your arrival back from the cruise. you must go get the car and leave someone behind with the bags then go down the garage ramp and pick them up if the NY police will let you stop and pick them up.when we came back it was a mad house . they didn't want to let me pick up my husband and the 2 whole bags we had. he wanted me to drive back around they were too busy. well i hate to tell him they would have still been busy when i droe back around. the NY terminal is really not equipped to handle passenger cruise ship traffic.

the only way you will not have a problem is if the Legend is not in port with you.

last nov. i walked up the stairs and put my bags in my car

1985-NCL Skyward

1987-NCL Starward

1992-NCL Seaward

1994-NCL Starward

2002- Carnival Victory

2003-NCL Dawn

2004-NCL Majesty

We are on the same cruise, with 15 and 17 year old daughters. We ahve 10th deck balcony with the girls across the hall inside, but will share keys. Check out the teen program early, last summer we did and we never saw the girls ! Activities organized from 10 or 11AM to midnight, all well organized, safe, controlled, etc. We linked up at breakfast, messaged to the room at a set time in the afternoon, had set supper plans. The ships are totally safe to let them roam and explore if your kids are OK that way. If they or you want to keep in closer touch, bring walkie-talkies and you are set. It all depends on how your kids are with new adventures.

Hotel-wise look just outside NYC if the choice is limited ( $$, features, pre-cruise shopping, etc. ) Residence Suites and the like give great large suites, great rates, and can be just 1/2 hr. to 45 min. away from the dock. Search via Travelocity or Expedia, or even chance it with Priceline.

Enjoy

Terry

It would be cheaper to stay in new jersey rather than nyc. There are pleanty of hotels on Route 3 which leads into the lincoln tunnel. On Sunday the traffic will be lite. What shore trips have you planned?

Archived