Question about St Nicholas Abbey

Choozin Croozin

I was just looking at their website and it appears that the admission is B$35 which I equate to about $17.50 US? Is there a way to just do a rum tour for a lower price or is it one price fits all? We are organizing a tour of 4 rum factories and Banks beer and (I should have done this first) starting to price entrance fees.... I know their rum is elite, but I am not sure we would spend enough time here to make it worth while for $17.50. Do you at least get to sample it?

I was just looking at their website and it appears that the admission is B$35 which I equate to about $17.50 US? Is there a way to just do a rum tour for a lower price or is it one price fits all? We are organizing a tour of 4 rum factories and Banks beer and (I should have done this first) starting to price entrance fees.... I know their rum is elite' date=' but I am not sure we would spend enough time here to make it worth while for $17.50. Do you at least get to sample it?[/quote']

Hi,

What day of the week will you be in Barbados and how big is your group? We visited St. Nicholas Abbey on a Monday on our recent cruise and toured the plantation house, watched the old black and white movie of life on the plantation years ago, visited the gift shop, and had a sample of the rum. There are only certain days when you get to see the distillery in operation and Monday is not one of the days. I'm not sure which days they offer tours of the distillery. I have no idea if there is a way to just do a rum tour for a lower price since it looked like a standard tour. Have you tried e-mailing the owner?

If you are planning to visit 4 different rum factories and a beer factory all in one day, in my opinion, I think that you would feel rushed and wouldn't be able to spend enough time there to enjoy it and make it worth your while for the $17.50 U.S. admission fee.

Mary

Thank you both. We actually will be there on a Monday. I guess I will see what the other 12 want to do. This was a place our tour guide suggested and I thought it sounded cool. Of course then I looked into it further and realized the cost, which if that was the only thing we were doing and had the time to enjoy it properly, it would be fine.

• 1 month later...

Trust me...that is some darn good rum! They give you a rum punch "sample" which is good, but the premium stuff comes in an etched bottle they personalize right on the spot. We were there 2 or 3 years ago and it was $75/bottle then! We bought it anyway and REALLY enjoyed it. They say if you bring the bottle back they will refill for a cheaper price...which is what we intend to do in 2013 :D

Trust me...that is some darn good rum! They give you a rum punch "sample" which is good, but the premium stuff comes in an etched bottle they personalize right on the spot. We were there 2 or 3 years ago and it was $75/bottle then! We bought it anyway and REALLY enjoyed it. They say if you bring the bottle back they will refill for a cheaper price...which is what we intend to do in 2013 :D

When are you going in 2013? We will be there Mar 11. It really does sound cool and I could see a couple in the group really getting into it, but I am not sure about the rest. I guess I will have to have a vote. Thanks for the info!

Although we have't booked YET, we are hoping for a Barbados RT voyage on the Windspirit January 2013. The weather here in Seattle has been horrible and I'm sure I won't have to wait till winter to wish I was back in the Carribean :D

Although we have't booked YET, we are hoping for a Barbados RT voyage on the Windspirit January 2013. The weather here in Seattle has been horrible and I'm sure I won't have to wait till winter to wish I was back in the Carribean :D

Wow, that sounds awesome. Sorry to hear you are having lousy weather. We are having an exceptionally hot summer so far. The weather is just too weird. Well, many happy voyages to you! ...and hope your weather improves.

Archived