Getting out of Marseille Port?

dritan

Hi

we are stopping at Marseille from 7-4pm on a Saturday. From research I've discovered that the cruise port is an approx 20-30 min drive from the old town of Marseille.

Our intention is to go to the train station and go to either Aix, Arles or Avignon ( depending on which train leaves next - if that makes sense).

If I go with the Epic's transfers then we are paying $20 each:eek: for a transfer which takes us to the old port and then we would still have another 20 min walk to the station. I don't resent the $20 (too much) but it really doesn't take us to where we want to go.

I've seen mention of a 35 bus that takes us to Joliette where we could then walk 20 mins to the station. Is it possible to walk out of the port and catch this ( I know some ports like Livorno don't allow this).

Alternatively (and a preferred option) would be to catch a taxi to the station but are these available from the quayside or outside the port?

A last alternative is to pay up for a tour which at £38 for a four hour tour, aren't that much more than the cost of the transfer and trains;)

Any advice would be invaluable.

Archived