How long is too long?

maxydu

DW and I were planning a cruise on May 15th.To make a long story short, she was unable to get the time off from work. Now at this late date her boss

has offered her the last week of May off. The same cruise is sailing that week

but being so close the room is almost $300pp more than the one we were wanting to go....so....

I keep watching it and there is still availability for balcony's. How long before you think the reservation folks will be willing to "last minute" it?

I'd gladly pay what we were going to but this rate is too steep....

Any constructive suggestions or past experiences will be greatly appreciated...

What ship are you thinking about going on out of which port? Right now there are Pack and Go rates available on many ships that are sailing the last week of May. I'd get on the phone with Carnival (or contact your TA/PVP) and see what kind of deals they can get for you.

We booked Legend a couple of weeks ago - rolled the dice on a Balcony Guarantee (something we have never done but thought it would be fun to see where we wound up), and got the cabin that we were hoping to get!

Best of luck and hopefully you'll be able to find something within your price range!

Archived