Boarding process

scumbers

hi all

just wondering what happens when you get to the pier if you are a normal person and not elite.

is the process fairly fast?

We have the transfers and overnight hotel package from celebrity and so will be transported to the pier probably around midday.

thanks for help

We were among steerage passengers also. We left San Diego on Millie to go through the Panama Canal. You give your bags to the porters (be sure and tip). Then, you and your carryons go through the X-Ray just like the airport. Then, you line up to be checked in and receive your seapass. How long that takes depends on the number of passengers. You are assigned a group number. You find a chair, grab some cookies and coffee, and, when your group is called, begin boarding. We were leaving port at 4:00pm, but we were on the ship by 12:30pm. Have fun!:D

I, and many on this board, have observed that "normal" people frequently have a shorter line than the elites, so I think you'll do fine. Exclusivity does sometimes have a downside, IMHO. :)

Ain't that the truth!! Our first X cruise was four years ago on the Connie out of Fort Lauderdale. We get inside the terminal and the priority line snakes its way around and is not moving quickly at all. Meanwhile, us poor shlubs that don't qualify for this "perk" are processed and on board in less than ten minutes!:p

We were among steerage passengers also. We left San Diego on Millie to go through the Panama Canal. You give your bags to the porters (be sure and tip). Then, you and your carryons go through the X-Ray just like the airport. Then, you line up to be checked in and receive your seapass. How long that takes depends on the number of passengers. You are assigned a group number. You find a chair, grab some cookies and coffee, and, when your group is called, begin boarding. We were leaving port at 4:00pm, but we were on the ship by 12:30pm. Have fun!:D

I am new on the cruise and my bags have small locks on them so for the porter to take them do i need to remove the locks !!!!! my carry on will not have the locks on them

I have asked this question before but did not receive an answer. If "your" queue is long and slow moving are you able to queue up with the ordinary folk?

Yes, indeed. Priority boarding for elite, suites, and so on, simply gives you more options.

I am new on the cruise and my bags have small locks on them so for the porter to take them do i need to remove the locks !!!!! my carry on will not have the locks on them

I NEVER remove my locks once my bags are out of my sight and have never had a problem.

Karen

A few years back our son's bag , which he left with the porters, never made it to his cabin. Their answer was 'too bad'. Except for his carry-on he didn't have much to make it on that week. It was a Caribbean cruise so he just wore shorts and polo's all week. I think he did have one pair of khakis but his suit/shoes and other dress clothes were gone. He was travelling with friends and one guy had brought two suits for formal night and he loaned our son one to wear with tennis shoes :rolleyes:. Except for one formal night he ate in the buffet all week. He was in his 20s and didn't want to purchase travel insurance so he never received any kind of reimbursement even after talking to the head office after returning from the cruise.

A few years back our son's bag , which he left with the porters, never made it to his cabin. Their answer was 'too bad'. Except for his carry-on he didn't have much to make it on that week. It was a Caribbean cruise so he just wore shorts and polo's all week. I think he did have one pair of khakis but his suit/shoes and other dress clothes were gone. He was travelling with friends and one guy had brought two suits for formal night and he loaned our son one to wear with tennis shoes :rolleyes:. Except for one formal night he ate in the buffet all week. He was in his 20s and didn't want to purchase travel insurance so he never received any kind of reimbursement even after talking to the head office after returning from the cruise.

mmmmm that is allful i would have been very pissed just saying

mmmmm that is allful i would have been very pissed just saying

Yes, it was awful for him. Plus, he was seasick most of the week. As a result he said don't even say the word 'cruise' to him. Live and learn - take travel insurance. However, I don't know how much that would have helped him that week. I guess there are dishonest people everywhere and someone stole his suitcase. :(

Archived