Driving to Bayonne

2geezers

The port website says 'take I-78 east to NJ turnpike. Take turnpike east to exit 14A-Bayonne. Follow signs to Rte 440 S. Proceed 1 1/2 miles and make left into Bayonne ocean terminal. Cruise terminal is two miles straight ahead'. Question, we will get there with no glitches...I have read most of the old posts about parking, etc. A new port for us is always an iffy proposition.

if you are coming from North Carolina, you will be heading north on the New Jersey Turnpike. Get off at exit 14A. this is I-78/NJ turnpike extension to Holland Tunnel. then get off at rte. 440 bayonne and you should be fine. If, however you are coming up I-81 then you will be heading east on I-78. simply stay on I-78 and follow the signs for the Holland Tunnel and get off at rte. 440 bayonne.

Here are the directions when you get off the Turnpike at exit 14A.

Go directly across the toll plaza and take the up ramp that curves left. Stay to the right and go right at every opportunity until you reach the traffic light at route 440. Make a left, stay left, and make the first left turn onto Port Terminal Blvd.

Another trick is to look for the black town cars to see where they are going.

Archived