Paris on Bastille Day

AtMaui

Friends and I will be in Paris on Bastille Day and realize that it will be extremely crowded. Since I'm sure we will not be able to get anywhere near the Eiffel Tower for the fireworks, to those of you who have been in Paris on Bastille Day, do you have a good place for us to view the fireworks?

We thought about a cruise on the Seine but I saw that the prices go up for Bastille Day (a lot!).

We will also be in Paris on Bastille Day. We are staying near the Eiffel Tower. My concern is the traffic on that afternoon/evening (we arrive at 5:30) and getting to the hotel. I had planned on using the Super Shuttle. We live close to DC and have battled the traffic on our Independence Day. Is it comparable?

We were in Paris for Bastille day in the 90's and it was quite a fun environment. People were lighting off fire crackers and having a great time. I don't remember seeing any fireworks in the sky, but it was a long time ago and we luckily did not have a car!

My recollection is that you can see the fireworks without being too close to the Eiffel Tower. We were somewhere along the Seine, close to Place de la Concorde, and had a great view.

For me the best part of the day was spending several hours in the morning at the Louvre, which was free and rather empty because everyone was at the parade.

Have fun.

• 2 months later...

Fantastic celebration! We missed the parade (and some of the traffic restrictions), but had an amazing time at the fireworks on the grounds of the Eiffle Tower. Huge crowd with everyone in a festive mood. Didn't realize how late the fireworks would start, but it was spectacular! Go, if you can!

Archived