Celebration Refurbishment

Anyone who is just back of the celebration who can update us with any info on what decks have been refurbished would be appreciated. Seen some comments on the subject but as we are going on the 4 June on the Ancient Wonders and paid for the deck upgrade plus pre booking our preferred cabin on deck 4 outside, would be disappointed to see better cabins below which we may have booked if we knew about the refurbishment. Will still enjoy the Celebration, always have!!

Hi Paco

My Wife and I are on the cruise with you. So far we only have a party of 10 from Doncaster with us on our Roll Call.

We are down somewhere in the bowels and there have been reports that they are doing refurbs down there, hopefully they will not be running a three shift system down there.

Have you sorted out which excursions you are doing? We have booked private tours in Istanbul and Kusadasi and the ships "Athens on your own"

Best Wishes

Clive

Hi Clive

Thanks for that, funnily enough my better half was looking at the trips yesterday and looking at what we might be doing. Nothing decided as yet, we tend to look at the main tourist attractions, and certainly the Acropolis is a must. Can't wait just four weeks and we will be in the overnight hotel looking forward to the flight the next day and hopefully getting one of the refurbished cabins.

Sounds like your the same as us. I hate to admit it but my attention span in Museums is about 10 minutes.

We like private tours whenever we can so we can decide how long (or short) we want to spend at each place. If you get 6 people together its much cheaper than using the ships tours and four people are about the same as the ship but with the advantages of deciding your own pace, not waiting around for someone, who cant tell the time, to get back to the coach and getting back to the ship when you want to.

In Istanbul we have a tour by City of Sultans of the usual Blue Mosque,Hippodrome,Grand Bazaar etc. and in Kusadasi we are going to The Home of Virgin Mary and Ephesus.

As you say not long to go, Where are you flying from??

We are in a quandry this weekend as we have two American friends due to be with us and this weekend she had a bad fall at home in Ohio. At this stage we dont know whether they will be able to join us.

Just back from Eastern Wonders and there is a team of men working. We walked along deck 2 and many of them now have double beds and the old televisions were piled up in the corridors.

We were on deck 4 and nothing had yet been done in our cabin 324 neither, as far as we could see, any of the others. But there was occasionally a faint smell of Thixofix or some similar adhesive.

We were slightly disappointed with our cabin as we pre booked it knowing that deck 4 has windows and deck 3 has portholes. But the front few cabins on deck 4 has portholes and ours was one of them. They seem to be from 324 forward, along with the equivalent ones on the other side.

Even as platinum Celebration will not be up to scratch

Take P&O

In all cabins

free safe

fridge

tea/coffee making facilities

free biscuits

free sweets

mostly free room service.

Of course you might not be concerned with such things :D

Sorry Davecttr never been on P&O and until the entertainment, food, friendly staff and good company that we have always found with Thomson starts to go downhill then I will continue to cruise with them. Just wondered if all that free stuff you quote is covered by the extra price and compulsory tipping!

Sorry Davecttr never been on P&O and until the entertainment, food, friendly staff and good company that we have always found with Thomson starts to go downhill then I will continue to cruise with them. Just wondered if all that free stuff you quote is covered by the extra price and compulsory tipping!

Nothing is "free" in this world!!!

It all comes in the price you pay. With All Inclusive you don't really need a fridge, tea & coffee making ARE going to be in all cabins when they go platinum, biscuits & sweets - if you're hungry, head for the Lido and grab a snack, never desired room service either!! I have been on P&O, Paco and like you if Thomson maintain the standard etc that we have experienced in the past then we will stick with them too!

Archived