Snorkels on the ship?

bm6pm5

We are wanting to go snorkeling while in the Bahamas in a couple of weeks but don't really want to use their snorkels. Do they sell them on board. If so does anyone know how much? Thanks.

Might want to hit a Walmart, Kmart, or some other big box store before you get on the ship. I know when we were on the Pride last September, they did not sell them on the ship. We bought a set at Grand Turk because my husband decided at the last minute he wanted to snorkel, and it cost us nearly $20 for a crappy set!

the ones sold on the ship are bad quality IMO.

i bought one off amazon for 45.00 that was excellent quality (fog free lens, one way air valve, comfortable mouth piece). I used it all day in the Bahamas and had a blast. the only thing i should have grabbed some flippers also as my legs were beat diving all day without a pair.

I've bought one on the ship for $5, but I haven't heard it mentioned on my last few cruises. But the Carnival snorkel is my favorite, and I use it every time. It's an open snorkel, which means water can come down the snorkel easier (completely open from the mouth to the top), but it also means that air will always be allowed through the snorkel. There are some snorkels (mid-priced range) that will stop allowing air in once a little water has gotten into it. That is terribly unsafe. Open snorkels are the safest. I can blow any water out or just periodically take it out of my mouth and empty the little bit of water.

You can find snorkels in Wal-Marts and other places like that. I still would recommend something cheap.

Archived