Formal night attire question

We will be taking our first cruise in June, a 3 day cruise. For Formal attire night, would a shirt/tie/dress pants be suitable for men/teenage boy? My husband is an outside worker and "hates" ties, let alone a suit jacket. I'm trying to talk him into a jacket, but not sure if he will go for it. I don't want him to feel out of place either. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks!:)

We will be taking our first cruise in June, a 3 day cruise. For Formal attire night, would a shirt/tie/dress pants be suitable for men/teenage boy? My husband is an outside worker and "hates" ties, let alone a suit jacket. I'm trying to talk him into a jacket, but not sure if he will go for it. I don't want him to feel out of place either. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks!:)

For a 3 day cruise it is very laid back. Carnival doesn't call it formal night anymore.

It's now called Elegant night with the minimun the ask you to wear is a pair of pants and a dress shirt.

You can get by with a pair of khakis and a polo shirt.

Bill

My husband usually wears one of his Hawaiian shirts and a pair of dress pants, and I usually wear a dress and heels. You will see everything from tuxedos and ball gowns to polos/khakis and a nice top/dressy slacks.

Typically beach wear such as shorts, slip flops, hats etc are the only things not allowed. DH usually wears a suit the first elegant night and just a shirt and tie the second. I agree with above poster, you will see polos and slacks to tuxes.

Archived