Helicopter Tours in Juneau recs??

Lavani

Hi,

My husband and I will be on Rhapsody of the Seas in July, traveling with our 8 month old daughter. While in Juneau we would like to leave our daughter in the Royal Nursery and take a helicopter tour to the glaciers. We have two questions. One, is we are considering taking a non-cruise ship sponsored tour (to save money), but keep in mind that our daughter will be on the cruise ship while we are on tour... does this sound crazy? Should I be worried about missing the ship and leaving our daughter? Anyone have any prior experience doing this?

Two, does anyone have any recommendations for a non-cruise ship helicopter tour company? Thanks in advance.

Certainly up to you, but I wouldn't do it - no way, no how! Please reconsider. Imagine if your excursion is late and you don't make it back to the ship.....or God forbid....I won't even go there, I'm sure you know what I'm thinking. And then your child would be left on the ship by herself? I just simply wouldn't leave a child that young on board without a parent - no matter what the excursion.

Why not consider one going on the excursion in the morning while the other parent stays with the child, then the other parent going on an afternoon helicopter flight while one stays with the child?

Leaving children is both personal and also how your child does with seperation. 8 months is pretty young.. only you know best how she will do!

I've used TEMSCO and hear that Coastal are both good. I think all of the major operations are good outfits. Having done helicopter as well as a few other tours, I'd have no specific safety concerns or missing the boat kind of worries, but that is me.

Hi,

My husband and I will be on Rhapsody of the Seas in July, traveling with our 8 month old daughter. While in Juneau we would like to leave our daughter in the Royal Nursery and take a helicopter tour to the glaciers. We have two questions. One, is we are considering taking a non-cruise ship sponsored tour (to save money), but keep in mind that our daughter will be on the cruise ship while we are on tour... does this sound crazy? Should I be worried about missing the ship and leaving our daughter? Anyone have any prior experience doing this?

Two, does anyone have any recommendations for a non-cruise ship helicopter tour company? Thanks in advance.

Archived