Buying liquor onboard question

Markmom18

I just got done reading a couple of new reviews of people off the Splendor. One of the folks said you could buy alcohol onboard the first 2 days. Would I buy these in a gift shop? And, more importantly, can I then take it to my room? Oh ya, are the prices less than ordering from the BV? Thanks !

We purchased "room rum" from room service for consumption during our cruise. It was Cruzan rum (1 liter) and it was $50.00 with no taxes since we were in International waters. We tipped the person who brought it a couple of bucks. This was on the second day. I am not sure if you can continue to purchase after the 2nd day mark. I know we could on Carnival Triumph but that was quite some time ago.

We also purchased 2 (1 liter) bottles of Bacardi for consumption when we got back home from the Galleria. That was $19.99 for the both of them. We received them on the last night in our cabin. (there was a bit of a snafu and I actually had to pick them up, but your purchase is supposed to be in your cabin between 7pm-9pm).

I have heard that ordering booze from room service is ship specific and isnt guaranteed on all ships. It was on Fantasy.

Archived