sweet 16

So I just booked the first cruise for my family since 2009. It's a few years off, but I just realized we'd be gone for my daughters sweet 16. We're going to be cruising that day and I'd like to plan something really special(i am an early planner). I don't really want to do the spa thing because I don't want to sit and listen to the sales pitch. Any ideas?

we will not be in port that day which is what makes it hard for me to think of something special..Will def do a dinner celebration, just wanted a little extra since it's a big b-day.

This is what we did for DS;s 16th. Bring decorations and do your room up nice. We also bought a few cupcakes (or whatever they have on your ship) and have her invite a few girls she met to sing happy birthday. We also put money on his sea pass card to spend as he wished. For girls you might have her invite a few girls to an area and set up your own nail spa

You mention that it's a few years out, so you may want to give some thought about how much independence she'll be craving at that time. Any planning you do about how to commemorate the day is something that she probably will want be involved in. And be prepared to have her change her mind about what she wants to do about 6-8 times before you ever get on the ship. It's a really volatile time of life for a girl.

I cruised with my DD every two years between the ages of 8 and 18. That cruise 2 years ago when she was 16 was the one where she expressed the most interest in having the freedom to call her own shots and hang out with her friends if she wanted. In the end, she joined her new-found friends for the first couple of evenings, but then chose to spend much of the rest of the cruise with me and the other couples at our dinner table.

How about contacting the CD ahead of time. Maybe he can arrange for a party in the disco at a time when it would be empty. Maybe they could put something in the cruise compass for that day and invite all the teens to her Sweet Sixteen party in the disco.

Archived