Summary of winning Priceline bids?

I was disappointed that there was not a sticky on the Gulf Coast departures board like there is for Florida! Has anyone bid on anything recently and won in the Galveston area? Thanks in advance!

• 2 weeks later...

I found one thing about Priceline. I booked a room at the Westin in Seattle through the Priceline name your price and got a room for $119.30 with fees and taxes. Got to see the Celebrity Infinity pull into dock on 5-11.

The bad thing was they charged me $138.00 and I have gotten no satisfaction from them and had to dispute the charge with my Visa.:confused:

• 1 month later...

yes, we did this weekend and I did another tonight for our Cruise in December

ETA ... we have used the name your own price for the last several years and have loved it. Galveston is our fave place to go

• 5 weeks later...

I just bid for a post cruise stay for our Oct Triumph cruise. I was afraid to wait last minute, because haven't seen to many Galveston wins on the bidding for travel site. I bid 3 * east side of Galveston for $65 and won on first bid - should have bid less - :o.

I have been bidding though for the last few weeks off and on - East and West side 3* or higher and never won - bid up to $85. So I started at $65 this time.

We got the Four Points by Sheraton. Was wishing for The Galvez or Tremont. But am happy with our win.

This is for post cruise on a Thur night.

Total with taxes and fees was $82.28.

Lowest price I could find for the same night was $107 before taxes and fees. Most sites I checked had it listed for $135.

I just bid for a post cruise stay for our Oct Triumph cruise. I was afraid to wait last minute, because haven't seen to many Galveston wins on the bidding for travel site. I bid 3 * east side of Galveston for $65 and won on first bid - should have bid less - :o.

I have been bidding though for the last few weeks off and on - East and West side 3* or higher and never won - bid up to $85. So I started at $65 this time.

We got the Four Points by Sheraton. Was wishing for The Galvez or Tremont. But am happy with our win.

This is for post cruise on a Thur night.

Total with taxes and fees was $82.28.

Lowest price I could find for the same night was $107 before taxes and fees. Most sites I checked had it listed for $135.

and it's all about time of year; Galveston does have a high season-summer. And what a great win...I've never stayed at Four Points but it looks nice.

I was disappointed that there was not a sticky on the Gulf Coast departures board like there is for Florida! Has anyone bid on anything recently and won in the Galveston area? Thanks in advance!

BiddingForTravel dot com is a good resource for winning PL bids

I just "won" 2-rooms for 1 night pre-cruise @ $47 per night at the IAH Sheraton + taxes and fees. That's about a 45% savings.

Galveston hotels on PL in the summer are not always a great deal... but YMMV

• 2 weeks later...

I just did hotwire for NOLA, rather than bidding on Priceline. I got the Garden Hilton for $72 plus taxes and fees, $89.XX .. right across from the port of New Orleans.

Im now trying to find the name of the offsite parking in NOLA to see if its allowed to park a day early and how to contact them.

• 1 month later...

Archived