WM The Canadian

Hi there! Has anyone stayed at this hotel? It is part of our timeshare exchange and we are considering it pre-cruise at the end of August.

I was wondering about length of time from airport to the hotel and cost of a taxi. Also, then the travel time on Friday to get to the Pier.

Thanks in advance!!

Have never stayed there but it does have good reviews. Cost of getting there is going to be the same as going to the Rosedale, about $35 from YVR and $10 from hotel to Canada Place. Unless our BC Lions football team is playing at home that Friday night, you will find the Rosedale a quieter location as Hornby St. is a one way major traffic artery into the the downtown. You will also find more of a selection of eateries around the Rosedale...but that is just one man's opinion.

Hi there! Has anyone stayed at this hotel? It is part of our timeshare exchange and we are considering it pre-cruise at the end of August.

I was wondering about length of time from airport to the hotel and cost of a taxi. Also, then the travel time on Friday to get to the Pier.

I've never stayed there, but living in a city, you rarely see the inside of the local hotels.

Should be (assuming it's not morning rush) about 25-30 mins from the airport by taxi; approx $35. You could take Skytrain, but it's not really close to a station, so it would be a bit of a walk once you got downtown.

As for getting to the port on cruise day, it's a straight shot up Hornby to Canada, no more than $10 by taxi.

I know i am getting old and i know I live on Hornby and I walk or bike that street daily but what hotel is the WM - the Canadian.

Awaiting my history lesson for today.

Cheers

Dennis

Thanks for the responses. Our other timeshare option is the Rosdale. Both have limited availability for that night and I was wanting to check on both locations in case one became unavailable by the time we finalize our airfare.

Thanks again!!

For one night you really can't go wrong with either location and with the The Canadian on a Friday night the traffic on Hornby won't be that bad...plus Ut will ride by on his bike and wave to you...now how could you turn that down.:D

I know the building now - have seen the World Mark office - just hadn't seen the building describe that way and agree with PD you won't go wrong with either location.

Cheers

Dennis

We're Worldmark owners and have stayed at the Canadian.

The first time we stayed, we rented a car at the airport and drove...a pain in the neck because there are so many one way streets in the area, we had a hard time getting to the location.

The next time we took a taxi van and the driver knew exactly where it was, much easier for us. Don't remember how much it was, but not unreasonable. And then, it was close to the port, so not expensive.

The rooms are not large, but you're up high and can see the entire city. Many of the windows are floor to ceiling. The two bedroom had a breakfast nook, floor to ceiling windows, and it felt like you were sitting outside...really neat.

Thanks in advance!!

Archived