Saint-John Transit city bus tour

I'll be on Carnival Glory on the 5-day Canada cruise in July 2012. Did anyone one do this tour? I know I read it somewhere but can't find it. If I remember correctly it was +- 20$ for the city tour (1-2 hours).What do you visit? I know it is offered by the Saint-John Public Bus system but only on days when cruiseships are in. Also, I wanted to know if the tour starts/pick-up at the pier or I have to go to the tourists info office to buy tickets?

Waiting for your replies.

Guylaine

Bus stop is Loyalist plaza - same street as Marco

Polo cruise terminal. If you dock at

Long Wharf it is a 5 to 10 min walk or free shuttle to loyalist plaza

Goes to all the sites worth visiting including reversing falls and old city market. 2.5 hours I believe. Good value in that offering.

I emailed them and this was their reply:

Saint John Transit offers a 2-hour City Tour, visiting highlights such as Reversing Falls, Martello Tower and various historical properties in the uptown area. Cost is $20.00 for Adults, $5.00 for kids and children under 6 are free. You can catch our tour bus just up the street from the cruise terminal. We will have 2 tours, first one starting at 10:30am, finishing at 12:30pm, the second starting at 1:30pm, finishing at 3:30pm. Please note, the times may have to be adjusted depending on ship arrival times. Drivers accept cash only and do accept US and Canadian funds. If you need additional information, please don’t hesitate to email your questions to me.

Regards,

Crystal Crosby - crystal.crosby@saintjohn.ca

Sales Supervisor

Saint John Transit

• 1 month later...

We just came back from the Carnival Glory 5 day Canada cruise out of Boston and went on the Saint John city tour. It was an excellent tour for the money and the money stays in the local economy, which I see as a great advantage to taking this tour.

We got a very comprehensive overview of Saint John history from tue driver , Grant Logan. We stopped at the Reversing Falls and the City Market for 20 minutes each. Grant came out of the bus to answer any questions at the Reversing Falls...he was a wealth of information about the area.

All in all, it was a great tour for the money. We took the 10:15 tour (just go right to the transit bus when you get off the ship. The bus driver/tour guide will be right there outside the bus selling tickets, and will let you know when the tour will start). It's first come, first served, so I recommend buying your to keys as soon as you get to the bus. Then you'll have some time to look around the small artisan market located a few hundred feet away.

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds just like the tour we did from the Victory in 2001, although it was sold on the ship. Stopped at the city market, Martello Tower and reversing falls. At that time, there was a tour guide on the bus with us, rather than the driver narrating. Was a very worthwhile tour.

Where is the bus transit office located?

The bus is at Loyalist Plaza on same street as cruise terminal (under 5 minute walk). Tickets can be purchased from the driver standing outside of bus. First come first serve. Local ambassadors will guide you to that spot if required.

Archived