My Carnival Victory review 4/1-4/8/2012 (Long with lots of pix!)

First of all, thank you so much for the very detailed review and all the wonderful photos!! Next Sunday will be our turn on Victory!

Dress shorts are listed in the dress code on Carnival for casual nights, and my DH and I plan to wear them next week on the Victory.(first time for either of us to wear shorts into the dining room in over 50 cruises) I haven't read anything about "Naked Night" on the website, though.....:o;) care to share any details you have heard??:eek: We cruised a b2b 19 nights Mediterranean cruise this summer on Royal Caribbean, and shorts are not in the dress code. We dressed accordingly, but hope this will be a much more casual atmosphere, as we are doing this cruise as a beach relaxation cruise. We do follow the guidelines for dress on all our cruises.

I'm so glad you liked the review! Always happy for feedback!

Dress code is probably one of my biggest pet peeves anywhere! If I'm going on a cruise, I want to relax and not be told I have to "dress up" for something. I do enough of that in my daily routine! Having said that, though, I think a person can be casually dressed AND still look nice and presentable!

This is why I LOVE "dress shorts!". A person does not need to be wearing long pants to look neat and tidy! Throw on a beautiful blouse for a women or a button down short sleeve shirt or even a crisp polo for a guy, along with those dress shorts, and you will look fine.

I agree RC was probably a bit too stuffy in this regard when I sailed with them. If you go with dress shorts on Victory you will fit right in. They might stretch acceptability on "cruise elegant" nights, but the rest of the time you'll be fine.

As for "naked night," just my sometimes exasperated attempt to bring some humor to this topic. Sorry if I scared you! (or intrigued you?) But wouldn't it be easier if all nights were "naked optional?":p

Great review! Very informative and loved all the pics and your commentary :) We depart in 130 days. This review has got me pumped!!!!! Thank you!

Thanks! Glad to help! I'm just happy that people are still finding this useful. The time will pass before you know it. Enjoy!!

• 3 months later...

Wonderfull review I simply loved it. I was looking to book a cruise for my wifes birthday and your review has been super helpful. DW DS and myself will be sailing on the Victory soon! You also have a beautiful family I look forward to your next review!

• 2 months later...
Within 45 minutes, we were anchored offshore near the turtles. As soon as we were given the go ahead to get into the water, Tim was off the boat and cruising around. The rest of us took a little bit longer, but soon we were all bobbing in the water.

barbadosturtles117_edited-1.jpg

Our group was a mixture of swimmers and non-swimmers, but each of us had on an inflatable vest (we brought our own but Calabaza also had them available) and the boat also offered water noodles for those who were less comfortable in the water. In order to prevent injury to the turtles and each other, we were told not to wear fins this time.

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I'm loving it! We sail on the valor in March and I can't wait! We have our own snorkeling gear, but this time I'm thinking of bringing snorkeling vests as well. Can you tell me where you bought yours and how much they were? Thanks a bunch!

Sue

• 2 weeks later...
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I'm loving it! We sail on the valor in March and I can't wait! We have our own snorkeling gear, but this time I'm thinking of bringing snorkeling vests as well. Can you tell me where you bought yours and how much they were? Thanks a bunch!

Sue

Glad to pay it forward, after all the great advice I've gotten on CC in the past! Sorry it took me awhile to answer, though! Only just saw that this had made it back up into the recent posts. I don't get onto CC as much as I used to in the past. :(

We got our vests from Amazon; they had many to choose from, but I wanted something that was going to stand out from the crowd and these did the trick! Plus they came in the two-pack. One for each kid! Here's the link:

http://www.amazon.com/Explorer-Snorkel-Updated-Version-D-Rings/dp/B003DMGH2M/ref=sr_1_3?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1358809455&sr=1-3&keywords=snorkel+vests

Enjoy your trip!!

Wonderfull review I simply loved it. I was looking to book a cruise for my wifes birthday and your review has been super helpful. DW DS and myself will be sailing on the Victory soon! You also have a beautiful family I look forward to your next review!

Thanks! I'm glad my review could help you decide on the Victory! I'm a bit sad that she'll be replaced by the Valor, since I'd love to do this itinerary yet again, sometime in the future, but the islands themselves are pretty awesome, too.

As for another review . . . :( Sigh. Not for awhile, I'm afraid. I call the next eight years "the lean years," since we have back-to-back college tuitions to take care of first. I did tell DD it was a hard call - pay for her college or cruise the Norwegian fjords on Legend. :rolleyes: Might try and squeeze something in anyway!

Glad to pay it forward, after all the great advice I've gotten on CC in the past! Sorry it took me awhile to answer, though! Only just saw that this had made it back up into the recent posts. I don't get onto CC as much as I used to in the past. :(

We got our vests from Amazon; they had many to choose from, but I wanted something that was going to stand out from the crowd and these did the trick! Plus they came in the two-pack. One for each kid! Here's the link:

http://www.amazon.com/Explorer-Snorkel-Updated-Version-D-Rings/dp/B003DMGH2M/ref=sr_1_3?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1358809455&sr=1-3&keywords=snorkel+vests

Enjoy your trip!!

Thanks!!! I had found them (and others) on Amazon and put them all on a wish list. Having seen yours, I'm going to go with them. I love how bright they are.

Sue

• 2 months later...

Archived