Upgrade Fairy!

jhynes97

Go for it! On the Fantasy class ships the Grand Suites are HUGE! Not only that, you will have a larger balcony and perhaps an extended balcony depending on which suite. Go to the deck plans on CCL website and see if you have one of the extended balconies!

Have Fun!

• 2 weeks later...
We got a call to upgrade to a grand suite on the Fantasy...how nice! This is only our second cruise with Carnival. Anyone with pics of this type of cabin?

Thanks!:D

Congrats,

I have never gotten an upgrade, I have only been on 3 my fourth will be next year. Fingers are crossed, maybe I will get an upgrade. :eek:

Don't feel bad, I have never received and upgrade either out of 3 going on my fourth. The next cruise is our of OV and balconys the only thing left are interior and suites. Currently the suites are double the price of what I paid for my O V.:(

Congrats,

I have never gotten an upgrade, I have only been on 3 my fourth will be next year. Fingers are crossed, maybe I will get an upgrade. :eek:

Don't feel bad, I have never received and upgrade either out of 3 going on my fourth. The next cruise is our of OV and balconys the only thing left are interior and suites. Currently the suites are double the price of what I paid for my O V.:(

We always call them... We once got an upgrade from inside to balcony (free). This time I saw the price for balcony had dropped to only $130 more than we had paid, so we called to see if we could pay in... We did. Keep an eye on prices and call them. Don't wait for them to call you. :) Hope you get great upgrades or cheap upsells!

This is very useful information. I booked our cruise online through Carnival. I will be keeping an eye on prices. We are in an interior...but if prices come down I will be upgrading...But its a waiting game since our cruise isn't for two years...LOL

We always call them... We once got an upgrade from inside to balcony (free). This time I saw the price for balcony had dropped to only $130 more than we had paid, so we called to see if we could pay in... We did. Keep an eye on prices and call them. Don't wait for them to call you. :) Hope you get great upgrades or cheap upsells!

This is very useful information. I booked our cruise online through Carnival. I will be keeping an eye on prices. We are in an interior...but if prices come down I will be upgrading...But its a waiting game since our cruise isn't for two years...LOL

The farther away, the more chances for price drops :D I check every day. Sometimes there is as much as $300 difference from one day to the next, depending on supply, demand, and specials. Hope you find a great upgrade!

Congrats,

I leave for my 9th Carnival cruise on Saturday and have never ever received a call from an upgrade/upsell fairy. I usually book a year or more in advance, too, so it's not like there isn't plenty of time for the mythical creature to give me a ring. ;)

OP, congrats!

We got an upsell for our honeymoon and took it! Never had an upgrade.

We got an up sell call for a suite and its our honeymoon,we said its a bit over our budget but would love a suite instead of our aft extended.

There are plenty of suite,s left on our soon cruise so you never know:)

We have had an upgrade from OV to suite before but not on carnival,I put some upgrades down to cruise lines knowing your on board spend! Well the free upgraded suite well and truly increased my estimated spend, but it was worth it:)

Archived