Bathroom Storage on Avalon Felicity and other tips / tricks?

YoungDubFan

I know on a lot of the big cruise ship boards, people recommend taking an over the door shoe organizer or jewelry organizer to use to help with the bathroom and other room clutter. How is the storage space on the Felicity specifically or other Avalon ships? Does anyone think this is a good idea or needed? I leave 2 weeks from tomorrow and I'm trying to make sure I bring everything I need.

I'm taking a small umbrella, light rain coat, camera, pages from tour books, etc. Any other suggestions of something you wish you took but didn't have?

We were just on the Imagery and has plenty of storage in the cabinets. Below the sink are two shelves that hold quite a bit plus small drawers, too. And there are shelves above the toilet, too.

Things we bring-

Normally don't wear a watch but I bring one, small battery alarm clock, a few electrical plug adaptors, emergency telephone #'s or family email, list of atm and cc #'s with overseas telephone customer service info in case you need to call, documents, passports, airline tick's, usually bring a small plastic sandwich bag to put anything from my pockets in - coins, bills whatever- to go through airport security rather then having to dig it all out of the plastic container that they scan. Sure there are others but can't remember now.

Have a great trip!

We just returned from the Affinity which should be basically identical to the Felicity. I would not bother with the over the door thing as the bathroom had lots of storage. In fact, it was the best bathroom I have ever seen on a ship. The shower has a glass door so you don't have the shower curtain trying to stick to you. There is also a wire holder for shampoo, soap, etc in the corner of the shower. There were two or 3 shelves on it, plenty of room to hold all your shower stuff. There was a nice cabinet under the sink and two cabinets between the sink and door. My husband and I each had our own cabinet, each with two shelves. They were not very deep, but were probably 2 feet wide. Here is a pic where you can see some of it. Lots of bathroom storage!

DSC01733.jpg.93d93eceba9228387d4dd495792b8d7c.jpg

We have just finished our river cruise with Avalon Panorama. We are at present in Amsterdam. Our bathroom was even better than the above photo with bench space on both sides of the basin and really was 5 star. We had a shaving mirror with a light,plenty of cupboard space and marble bench tops. The shower is very roomy and has a glass door with endless hot water along with all necessary shampoos etc which were replenished each day.

Bathroom space is really great. You won't need an over the door hanger for your supplies. The hairdryer is provided and is a good one, as well as lotion, gel, shampoo, conditioner. I did wish I had taken a second or maybe even third electrical adapter. We charged phone, camera, and computer every night.

Archived