What's for breakfast?

we're going on Dream in June on the treasures of the Mediterranean

What is the timing for breakfast and going on tours etc ? For instance we have booked to go on the Rome express which is a full day and i presume quite an early start. and typical english tourists abroad, is a full english on the menu?

Sirens has and egg/omelette station open 06.00-10.00 on Deck 11, Sirens Reataurant is open 06.30-11.00. Lido Restaurant is open 06.30-11.30, Deck 9, and Orion Restaurant is open 07.00-09.30, waiter service, Deck 4. You can always get a full English and everything else from porridge, fruit, yoghurt and toast.

We did a full day in Rome last year on the coach and got up around 7.00am. We had plenty of time for breakfast before setting off some time after 8.00am so don't worry.:):)

Jan

Sirens has and egg/omelette station open 06.00-10.00 on Deck 11, Sirens Reataurant is open 06.30-11.00. Lido Restaurant is open 06.30-11.30, Deck 9, and Orion Restaurant is open 07.00-09.30, waiter service, Deck 4. You can always get a full English and everything else from porridge, fruit, yoghurt and toast.

We did a full day in Rome last year on the coach and got up around 7.00am. We had plenty of time for breakfast before setting off some time after 8.00am so don't worry.:):)

Jan

Funny how it's only on holiday i like a full english to start the day. :D I know the Rome express tour does include lunch

Funny how it's only on holiday i like a full english to start the day. :D I know the Rome express tour does include lunch

My OH is the same and I start off the week eating everything but by day 3 I've got back on track with a bowl of porridge and maybe an egg on toast or fruit and yoghurt. I just can't take the pace and the sight of people over-eating makes my appetite dwindle.:):)

Jan

Hi there

If i was you i would take some rolls or cakes with you from breakfast. as its i long day and you will need it :-)

Do they not give you a snack pack to take, and lunch at a restaurant, like all the day excursions we've been on?

Do they not give you a snack pack to take, and lunch at a restaurant, like all the day excursions we've been on?

Not necessarily. If it doesn't say lunch then you won't get it. We spent an entire day touring Gallipolli a couple of years ago and if we hadn't have made a couple of cheese rolls at breakfast (at the suggestion of the excursion team) we would have had nothing for 9 hours as there was literally nowhere and no time to get anything. Even then we had to eat on the run as the guide only gave us 10 minutes at each stop and at one point drove off without us, leaving us running along behind, lol.:):)

Jan

Jan, which port did you do Gallipoli from?

It was Cannakale, I hope I've spelt that right. Pronounced Chanakalay. They didn't go there last year but it's a fascinating place, we stopped at Anzac Cove which we were amazed at as it doesn't look as steep as it must have appeared to the Australian soldiers. Apparently the whole peninsular is a war grave as there are thousands of skeletal remains all over it still.:)

Jan

It was Cannakale, I hope I've spelt that right. Pronounced Chanakalay. They didn't go there last year but it's a fascinating place, we stopped at Anzac Cove which we were amazed at as it doesn't look as steep as it must have appeared to the Australian soldiers. Apparently the whole peninsular is a war grave as there are thousands of skeletal remains all over it still.:)

Jan

Thanks, I would love to see that. Maybe it will be included at some point in a military/historical itinerary with the Black Sea ports of Sebastopol, Yalta and Nessebar. We would definitely be interested in that.

Thanks, I would love to see that. Maybe it will be included at some point in a military/historical itinerary with the Black Sea ports of Sebastopol, Yalta and Nessebar. We would definitely be interested in that.

Hi Nell, I'm sure that I've seen it on another other cruise lines intinerary for this year but can't remember which one.:):)

Jan

Archived