Hotels near Train Station in Vancouver BC?

Need to know what hotels are close to the train station in Vancouver BC. Taking train for cruise in September and it arrives at 10:30 pm night before cruise. Safe, clean and not too expensive. Thanks!

Nothing is near the train station that anyone would recommend - you are less than a ten minute taxi ride to the downtown core or 2 or 3 stops on our rapid transit system from the train station to the downtown core.

Give us a price range and we locals will start making some suggestions.

Cheers

Dennis

Need to know what hotels are close to the train station in Vancouver BC. Taking train for cruise in September and it arrives at 10:30 pm night before cruise. Safe, clean and not too expensive. Thanks!

I'll second the recommendation that there's nothing near the railway station you want to stay at. The downtown is very close and offers a greatly improved quality of hotel

Depends on your definition of 'near' - I've heard decent things about the Best Western Uptown which is 1.5 kilometres away from the station and usually cheaper than the downtown core hotels. I walk this route frequently, after dark, between my apartment and one of our favourite bars - it's well-lit and a major road, but it is uphill so I'd recommend a cab even if you have rolling luggage.

Actually there are hotels virtually the same distance away, just into downtown, around BC Place stadium, e.g. the Hampton Inn, Sandman or the only one I can personally recommend having stayed in, the YWCA hotel. The YWCA should be even less than the BW Uptown, especially if you choose a room with a shared bath.

I'd still recommend a cab for these as it's easy to stray into less-than-salubrious areas walking from the station to downtown - should be less than $10 on the meter to any of them.

Depends on your definition of 'near' - I've heard decent things about the Best Western Uptown which is 1.5 kilometres away from the station and usually cheaper than the downtown core hotels. I walk this route frequently, after dark, between my apartment and one of our favourite bars - it's well-lit and a major road, but it is uphill so I'd recommend a cab even if you have rolling luggage.

Actually there are hotels virtually the same distance away, just into downtown, around BC Place stadium, e.g. the Hampton Inn, Sandman or the only one I can personally recommend having stayed in, the YWCA hotel. The YWCA should be even less than the BW Uptown, especially if you choose a room with a shared bath.

I'd still recommend a cab for these as it's easy to stray into less-than-salubrious areas walking from the station to downtown - should be less than $10 on the meter to any of them.

"Less than Salubrious" - nicely put.

Just another few suggestions would be:

The Sandman on W. Georgia

Day's Inn on Pender St.

With regard to the Best Western, I would certainly recommend the Best Western-Downtown on Drake St. but am guarded about the one on Granville St.

Archived