Nieuw Amsterdam

The Macpac

We are booked into Veranda Cabin 4043 on the Nieuw Amsterdam (Upper promenade level) I have read some information about rooms in this area, located above the theatre and close to the lifts, which indicate that it can be noisy with all the evening activity going on below. Has anyone stayed in this room or one in close proximity, who can give me some feedback on the noise levels. We have a three year old son and wonder whether he will be disturbed - I don't think he will, as he sleeps very soundly.

Many thanks

We have stayed in 4043 on four cruises! Zuiderdam and Nieuw Amsterdam once and Eurodam twice.

We have never heard anything from the theater itself. You might hear a few people pass by when a show lets out as they walk past but it was not really an issue. You are close to the elevator landing and may hear the elevator 'dings' faintly at night, once again - not an issue.

I am a light sleeper and if noise was an issue I would not have stayed in that cabin so many times.

For next February's cruise we thought of getting the same cabin but on the port side, for a change, but actually went out on a limb and reserved 4166! :)

We have stayed in 4043 on four cruises! Zuiderdam and Nieuw Amsterdam once and Eurodam twice.

We have never heard anything from the theater itself. You might hear a few people pass by when a show lets out as they walk past but it was not really an issue. You are close to the elevator landing and may hear the elevator 'dings' faintly at night, once again - not an issue.

I am a light sleeper and if noise was an issue I would not have stayed in that cabin so many times.

For next February's cruise we thought of getting the same cabin but on the port side, for a change, but actually went out on a limb and reserved 4166! :)

Good choice Peter, you will love that balcony;)

Archived