Grand Cayman with Capt Bryans

tankersbabe

Thanks for the compliments. The guys at Bryan's made our trip great. My wife - who was a BIG chicken to get in the water actually waded out there with everyone else because of Javid. She did end up almost crying as soon as a stingray swam by her leg and she headed for the catamaran. Javid calmed her down and then got in the water and found a stingray he says they call "Frisbee" because she doesn't have a tail. He brought Frisbee over close to the ladder and my wife got down in the water again and actually held and kissed the stingray. Pretty good customer service if you ask me! My wife told me before the cruise that there was NO way she was getting in the water with the stingrays but she didn't mind going on the excursion because of the other snorkeling stops and it would still be fun for her. I never would have thought that she would not only get in the water but also hold and KISS a stingray.

Of course, this week she tells me Javid was HOT, so that might have a little to do with her doing what he told her!

We did the 10;30 time and had no problem getting to the ship on time. Before you leave the port they ask you when the last tender to the ship is and Javid makes sure you're back in plenty of time. We had an hour or so to shop afterwards. He had us back by 1:30 I think. Our last tender was 3 or 3:30.

• 2 weeks later...

We took the 9am trip with capt bryan on the hannibal and it was great!

I liked the early trip, and I liked having time to shop around afterwards and get the best darn rum there is (toruga, coconut!!!).

His crew was great, we were afraid we'd be late, but had sent him an email to reconfirm, and they were waiting for us at 905am still.

His one man crew was great, he had a wonderful photographer on board, they were very helpful in ensuring everyone got to hold/pet (even us skiddish ones) and take our pictures with the stingrays. They then took us to snorkle and pointed out an octopus and other sealife. All great.

Forgot they didn't provide any drinks so we had to make due with water. Would have been nice to have provided us some soda's or beers, but wasn't bothered they didn't I just forgot.

Would be nice if you could shower off the salt water before heading around town all sticky feeling.

Would definitely recommend them again.

Kath - We did the 10:30 off the Navigator 6/1/05. No problem at all with the time. We checked in at 10:00 AM as they stated in the email did the 2 snorkle stops and Stingray City, plenety of time at all 3 and were back at the dock by 2:00. They drop you right at the security to the pier so you don't have the walk back from their place. No big deal. Their place is a leisurely 5 - 10 minute walk from the dock. Tendering in was a piece of cake. Very efficient.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the info. We are on the Valor and in GC on July 14. We are booked for the 10:30 Buccaneer tour. My mother is going and not a swimmer at all. It sounds like she will enjoy the sail. We should have plenty of time to get back and do a little shopping. Our ship is scheduled to leave at 5:30. Last tender is probably at 4:30.

We were on the Hannibal on 6/7 and had a great time. I don't think I would have taken the later one, as I liked not having to worry about getting back to port in time. We had a couple hours to wander around looking for rum you could actually take with you, and shopping for rum cake.

The coconut rum from tortuga is not to be missed, buy some you won't be sorry.

I forgot they don't provide sandwiches or soda's other than that everything was as promised. I would suggest cross at the street when you get off at port and then take your left, as there is alot of construction and if you take a left you'll be walking with some unfinished roads and construction.

Too bad cayman's was pretty well messed up from the hurricane, alot of buildings still being rebuilt etc. If I'd go back, I think I'd do the sunken ship tour, if you've already done sting rays, but the stingrays can't be missed. They reminded my husband of big kitty cats begging for food and attention by rubbing up against you.

Here was our details.

Reservation Date/Time: June 7, 2005--9:00AM ** LOCAL TIME ** SAME AS USA CENTRAL DAYLIGHT SAVING TIME ZONE **

Meeting Time: 8:45am (LOCAL TIME)

Total Cost:

3 Adults: $102.00

1 Children under 10: $25.00

Total: $127.00

20% Deposit: $25.40

Total due at time of Excursion: $101.60

Cash or Traveler Check(s) Only. No Credit Cards Please.

In the unlikely event your Ship will not be able to anchor in the Port of George Town due to weather the Ship will anchor in Spotts, located in the outskirts of George Town. In that case, the Stingray City Charter might not be "lost" and Captain Bryan's will still be chartering as usual. The meeting area for your excursion could be changed to a Spotts Dock Pickup, please call the phone number provided below from one of the payphones located at the Spotts Port to confirm an excursion cancellation. If your Cruise Liner has cancelled their excursion their cancellation will not reflect our operational capabilities. Please call a phone number provided below from one of the payphones located at the Spotts Port. If the charter is still in operation please take a van located right outside the Spotts Cruise Ship Landing into George Town to the waterfront. In the unlikely event of excursion cancellation due to weather an Island Tour will be provided as a substitute excursion, your deposit will be subtracted from the cost of the Island Tour. In case of excursion cancellation or Ship's Port cancellation please e-mail back by replying to this confirmation in order to confirm your cancelled excursion.

If you require any help while on Island please call Capt Bryan's ANYTIME at (345)-916-2093 or 949-0038 (345 not needed if dialing from a payphone in Grand Cayman)

We sail on the Miracle on October 23. I have been reading these boards nonstop to plan shore excursions. I want to know if it is better to go with Captain Bryan's in GC and cave tubing in Belize, or do something else in GC and go with Coral Breeze snorkeling in Belize?

So many choices, too little time!

Can any one tell me if on any of Captain Bryan's excursions, do you get to feed the stingrays? I know that on Nativeways and Captain Marvins you do.I wanted to try Captain Bryan but not if you don't get to feed them.Thanks,Jaxson:)

You do get to feed the stingrays with Captain Bryan. They tie a container of squid in a life perserver floaty thingy and drag it out to the site. You just reach in and get some out and feed it to the stingrays.

Goooooood tour...I recommend them highly!

Stef

We were in Grand Cayman last week. We booked the Buccaneer. We had a great time. Stingray city was crowded. There is no way to get around that. Our boat had about 30 and we were in one area. We didn't have the crowd like some the boats from the ship, about 100 persons each.

We did 2 more snorkel stops and they wre great. I would recemmond this tour.

• 2 weeks later...

I am doing the 9:30 tour this month with Capt. Bryan. I have a question about the time:

If the tour starts at 9:30 is that 8:30 ship time? So we are asked to arrive at 7:45 ship time/8:45 GC time? We would return at 11:30 ship time/12:30 GC time, correct?

Will this leave us with enough time to go to Cemetery Reef if our ship leaves port at 4 PM Ship time (I am assuming we will have to be on a tender around 3)?

I get so confused with time change stuff .. .

Archived