can we do FLL to Miami in a day

happycruzer

We are doing a B2B on the Jewel of the Seas next March. We sail in and out of FLL then extend our stay for 4 nights in FLL post cruise.

We would like to visit Miami and wondered if we could do it on the day when we are back in FLL during our cruise. Is it possible to do this, if so can anyone recommend the best way (we are 6 adults) and need to be back on board for a 5 pm sailing

Does anyone think that this could be done or are we best to do something else that day(if so any ideas what) and use one of our post cruise days to visit Miami. We have never visited this part of Florida before so really would appreciate your advice.

Many thanks in advance

Happycruzer

Miami is only 20-40 minutes from Fort Lauderdale depending on where you are in FLL and where you are going in Miami (sometimes traffic takes a little bit longer) and VERY easy to get to via freeway. I HIGHLY recommend the Miami Seaquarium if you/family enjoy aquariums. What spots were you thinking of visiting?

Hi Fozzyfoz ...I think because we have never visited the area before we MUST do the touristy things such as Ocean drive and South beach. Simply because we have read or heard on tv so much about them.

Plus our 2 daughters aged 25 & 28 will be with us and they will 'need' to see some shops.I love to sit in a street cafe/resturaunt and watch the world go by too. DH,Ds,DSL all will be happy to go along with us what ever we decide.

We will be docked in port everglades and will rely on a taxi/van for transport there and back.

We have visited Seaworld in Orlando and loved it so I think this trip we would like to see something different.

Hope this gives a better idea of what we would like. Do you think we will have enough time to see these things and be back on board for 5pm.

Thanks again.

It would depend then on what time you can get off the ship and if the ship leaves at 5pm or you need to be back on board at 5pm. Also, if it is a weekend or weekday (rush hour traffic on the freeway in Miami - I've been thru it, yikes). I'm sure you could do some shopping and exploring around south beach area but you might feel rushed depending on the time-table you'll be on. But location-wise, Fort Lauderdale and Miami are adjoining cities - just would depend on how many hours you'd actually have and traffic.

Another fun thing in the FLL area is to visit Sawgrass and ride in an airboat and see the alligators. We went there after our Dec Caribbean cruise. For more info go to their site: http://www.evergladestours.com/

Also, there is also a promenade of shops in Miami near the Miami cruise port but I cant remember the name of it. Quite big and lots of cool shops (and there is a Bubba Gump shrimp restaurant there that was fun and good food).

Just a few ideas...

Gotta agree with the Foz!!!

If you don't get off the ship til 10 or 1030 (depends when the ship is cleared), it'll take another 30mins to get a car rental at the airport and a half hour drive to FLL.

As she sails at five, you have to be on board one hour prior to sailing to be safe (4pm). Means you have to commute back and drop the car (means leaving FLL at 2:30pm.

Sooooo!!!! that only leaves you 2 hrs to explore FLL,Pompano Beach etc. I'd recommend saving it til your post cruise. The mall where Bubba Gumps is located is called Bayside Marketplace. There are exotic restaurants, over 100 stores and 14 restaurants & Bars. It is located on Biscayne Blvd at NE 4th Street.

A great excursion in FLL is the Jungle Queen Riverboat Cruises that go up and down the river and parts of the Intercoastal Waterway. Check them out at:

www.junglequeen.com

Sawgrass Mills is southern Fl's largest rertail centre with over 400 stores and is located in FLL at 12801 W Sunrise Blvd. Website at:

www.sawgrassmills.com

Airboat rides can be found at Sawgrass Rec Park on the 5400 lock on US 27 in FLL. Their website is :

www.evergladestours,com

Facility includes a gift shop live gators. This is a small facility. If you want something more commercial try Billie's Swamp Safari. Website is:

www.seminoletribe.com/safari

Butterfly World is on Sample Rd 4 miles west of I-95. A relaxing, beautiful and peaceful tropical setting. Great gift shop. Web is:

www.butterflyworld.com

There's this great restaurant is in Pompano Beach on A1A overlooking the ocean. Called "Sea Watch", be there between 4 and 5 for the special lobster supper prices...$14.95 I think and includes salad or soup and dessert. Good deal and awesome food.

Hope this might help in planning some activities for your post cruise in FLL.

Ciao for now!!!

We are doing a B2B on the Jewel of the Seas next March. We sail in and out of FLL then extend our stay for 4 nights in FLL post cruise.

We would like to visit Miami and wondered if we could do it on the day when we are back in FLL during our cruise. Is it possible to do this, if so can anyone recommend the best way (we are 6 adults) and need to be back on board for a 5 pm sailing

Does anyone think that this could be done or are we best to do something else that day(if so any ideas what) and use one of our post cruise days to visit Miami. We have never visited this part of Florida before so really would appreciate your advice.

Many thanks in advance

Happycruzer

Hello Happycruzer, BAESUE here. My wife and I live in Ft. Lauderdale and we would love to offer suggestion to you. First, a visit to Miami from Ft. Lauderdale can be done in 1 day, but I am a little confused with your times. You say that your doing a 4 day post cruise in Ft. Lauderdale but then you say you need to be back on board for a 5 p.m. sailing. If your planning on being back on board for a 5 p.m. sailing you won't have time to do Miami. I would strongly suggest seeing Miami while your here during your 4 day post cruise. Ft. Lauderdale to Miami is only 20 miles and without traffic can be travelled in approximatley 30 minutes. However the only time you will find no traffic is at night. You must plan on hour drive and if your going during rush hour, plan on more. Also for a 5 p.m. sailing, you should plan on being boarding between 2 p.m. and 3 p.m. That doesn't leave you much time to see anything in Miami. Again skip Miami before your cruise and see it during your post cruise stay. Where are you planning on staying in Ft. Lauderdale. There are plenty of really nice things to see and do here, including plenty of restaurants ranging in price from fast food to very expensive. There are also plenty of hotels and I think we have a better beach. Write back and I'll be glad to offer many (hotel, restaurants and sight seeing ) suggestions.

baesue

baesue again; where are you from in Scotland. My wife and I last summer were on a Mediterrian cruise and we met a lovely couple from Glasgow. We still communicate with them via email. In fact, next summer we're hoping to take a British Isle cruise with a stop in Glasgow where they said they would meet us and show us around. Maybe you can assist us with our plans??

baesue

Hi Baesue....many thanks for your advice and suggestions, I'm sorry if I confused you a little with my description of our itinerary ~I will try and explain myself a bit clearer~

Our cruise ship is sailing in and out of FLL and I wondered how we could pass the time on the day when the other pax disembark ( first part of our cruise) this is when I thought we could go into Miami for the day, but after reading your very helpful advice I now realise that there is no way we could do it.....so will therefor visit Miami one day during our post cruise stay in FLL.

If you have any good ideas on how to spend the time on the change over day I'd love to hear them..

We have made a booking for the Pelican Beach hotel for our post cruise 4 night stay .....I have read some great reports on the tripadvisor web site for it and decided to book it.....although I'm wondering if it is going to be too far out of town for us to survive without a car (we dont want to rent a car this trip if we can help it). So any suggestions for dining etc again will be most welcome....We have never visited this part of Florida before and are really looking forward to it, even although it is another 9 months before we get there.

We live in a town called Airdrie which is only 14 miles from Glasgow and will be only too happy to help you with any travel plans that you are interested in.We met a wonderful family from Kansas on our first cruise 7 years ago and were blessed to have them become good friends , they were our guests here in Scotland last summer for 2 weeks, we had a ball and felt like we had only just left each other the day before instead of 7 years !!! as you guys say it was AWESOME to spend the 2 weeks with them, we toured many of the well known places here such as ST Andrews (home of golf) Edinburgh (our capital city) and many many more places.....wonderful friends all thanks to a cruise !

So fire ahead with any questions that I can help you with. Which part of Glasgow do your friends come from ?

Can I also ask if you think we could go to Miami (say from 10 am till 9pm so that we can see what it is like in the evening too ) by Taxi cab/van there are 6 of us adults no kids. I just feel that as we dont know the area it would be a bit stressful driving when we dont know the area at all. Or could we go by a tour or something from FLL? I did see that the Jungle queen did a cruise type thing to Miami.

I dont want to stay there I think FLL is much more our scene but would just like to see what it is like!

Many thanks again for all your help sorry this is sooooo long.

Regards from Scotland

Happycruzer

Hi Baesue....many thanks for your advice and suggestions, I'm sorry if I confused you a little with my description of our itinerary ~I will try and explain myself a bit clearer~

Our cruise ship is sailing in and out of FLL and I wondered how we could pass the time on the day when the other pax disembark ( first part of our cruise) this is when I thought we could go into Miami for the day, but after reading your very helpful advice I now realise that there is no way we could do it.....so will therefor visit Miami one day during our post cruise stay in FLL.

If you have any good ideas on how to spend the time on the change over day I'd love to hear them..

We have made a booking for the Pelican Beach hotel for our post cruise 4 night stay .....I have read some great reports on the tripadvisor web site for it and decided to book it.....although I'm wondering if it is going to be too far out of town for us to survive without a car (we dont want to rent a car this trip if we can help it). So any suggestions for dining etc again will be most welcome....We have never visited this part of Florida before and are really looking forward to it, even although it is another 9 months before we get there.

We live in a town called Airdrie which is only 14 miles from Glasgow and will be only too happy to help you with any travel plans that you are interested in.We met a wonderful family from Kansas on our first cruise 7 years ago and were blessed to have them become good friends , they were our guests here in Scotland last summer for 2 weeks, we had a ball and felt like we had only just left each other the day before instead of 7 years !!! as you guys say it was AWESOME to spend the 2 weeks with them, we toured many of the well known places here such as ST Andrews (home of golf) Edinburgh (our capital city) and many many more places.....wonderful friends all thanks to a cruise !

So fire ahead with any questions that I can help you with. Which part of Glasgow do your friends come from ?

Can I also ask if you think we could go to Miami (say from 10 am till 9pm so that we can see what it is like in the evening too ) by Taxi cab/van there are 6 of us adults no kids. I just feel that as we dont know the area it would be a bit stressful driving when we dont know the area at all. Or could we go by a tour or something from FLL? I did see that the Jungle queen did a cruise type thing to Miami.

I dont want to stay there I think FLL is much more our scene but would just like to see what it is like!

Many thanks again for all your help sorry this is sooooo long.

Regards from Scotland

Happycruzer

Hello Happycruzer, Baesue here. So glad to hear from you and I have no problem giving you some of my own personal opinion regarding your stay in the FLL area.

To begin, I only know of one Pelican Beach Hotel and if it is where I think it is, Ocean Highway and Atlantic Blvd. the area is beautiful, you are on the beach and a good place to relax, but it is not for someone who wants to see the sights. You are far away from everything, and I mean everything. Please check the location of the hotel because I don't want to mislead you. But if it is where I think it is, you are approximately 10 - 15 miles north of the heart of FLL beach and tourist area. There is no bus or public transportation to the tourist area of FLL, you must have a car or take a taxi every time you go. If the Pelican Beach Hotel you are staying at has a different address, please give me the address and I will advise.

Regarding your arrival in FLL and your boarding the ship, once again it depends on how much time you have. You should definatley see Las Olas both during the day and at night. Its about a 10 minute taxi from the airport and pier. A great place to eat on Las Olas is Mangos. Local and Carribbean food are both served. However if you want to stay close to the pier, you might want to go to Bimini Boat Yard for lunch. Once again both local and Carribbean food. If neither of these are appealling to you, while you are to board, you can take the Jungle Queen. Its docked not too far from the pier and it's only about a 2 hour tour.

I think your idea of going to Miami for a full day and evening is great. However the only way you will be able to spend the day and night will be to rent a car. Most tour buses do the area only during the day. Taking a taxi both ways will be entirely to expensive. Another idea would be for you to consider hiring a limo for the day. They could give you a fully guided tour of the area, drop you off at South Beach and BaySide and the cost could be divided equally between the 6 of you. I think you'll find that it probably will not be that expensive. You can look on the web for limo service in Miami/Ft Lauderdale. If you can't find one, let me know and I'll look in the phone book and send you some phone numbers.

Anyway, glad to help, but my wife's a calling. Til next time.

baesue

To begin, I only know of one Pelican Beach Hotel and if it is where I think it is, Ocean Highway and Atlantic Blvd.

No baesue, Pelican Beach Resort is on A1A midway between Sunrise and Oakland Park Blvd., next door south from the Palms Condominium (the twin pink towers, tallest on the beach). They've just recently opened a gorgeous new tower, if you haven't been past lately, take a drive past. It's a very pretty, unique property.

http://www.pelicanbeach.com/

http://book.bestwestern.com/bestwestern/productInfo.do?propertyCode=10274

I would definitely not try and do Miami during the turnaround day. You really need to see Miami and South Beach both during the day, and at night. Downtown Miami is an extremely beautiful sight coming across MacArthur Causeway from South Beach at night.

Again, Pelican Beach is quite close to the tourist areas such as Las Olas Blvd., etc. but it's not within walking distance. It's a 5-10 minute drive. I would strongly suggest you rent a car as it would be far cheaper than taxis.

Fort Lauderdale/Miami is a VERY easy area to navigate as the streets are in a grid and it's completely flat. Downtown Miami is a quick, easy 30 minute drive down I-95 (as long as you don't go during rush hour), and South Beach is just across the MacArthur Causeway (I-395).

No baesue, Pelican Beach Resort is on A1A midway between Sunrise and Oakland Park Blvd., next door south from the Palms Condominium (the twin pink towers, tallest on the beach). They've just recently opened a gorgeous new tower, if you haven't been past lately, take a drive past. It's a very pretty, unique property.

http://www.pelicanbeach.com/

http://book.bestwestern.com/bestwestern/productInfo.do?propertyCode=10274

I would definitely not try and do Miami during the turnaround day. You really need to see Miami and South Beach both during the day, and at night. Downtown Miami is an extremely beautiful sight coming across MacArthur Causeway from South Beach at night.

Again, Pelican Beach is quite close to the tourist areas such as Las Olas Blvd., etc. but it's not within walking distance. It's a 5-10 minute drive. I would strongly suggest you rent a car as it would be far cheaper than taxis.

Fort Lauderdale/Miami is a VERY easy area to navigate as the streets are in a grid and it's completely flat. Downtown Miami is a quick, easy 30 minute drive down I-95 (as long as you don't go during rush hour), and South Beach is just across the MacArthur Causeway (I-395).

SORRY, I am not sure what hotel/motel I was thinking about, but you are correct, Pelican Beach Hotel is apart of the Best Western chain of hotels and is located mid-way between Sunrise Blvd and Oakland Park Blvd. right on ocean (A1A). That is a pretty good location and you are again correct, to get to downtown FLL or Miami, a car or taxi will still be needed. Thank goodness, others read these posts because my good intentions were not to steer guests to our fine city of FLL in the wrong direction. Hey, Trest S, keep watching me, cause I'm going to keep giving advise and we need good spotters like yourself to keep people like me on the ball.

baesue

Many thanks to both of you kind and helpful gentlemen for all your help and advice. I really do appreciate it.

I too was a bit confused with the location of the Pelican beach as the Best western site gives the address as N.Atlantic Blvd and when I looked at my newly aquired map of FLL (courtesy of Sunny.org ~thanks again trents) I got into a real panic thinking that it was way too far out of town....But then I looked at the brochure from pelica ...again N. Atlantic Blvd.....but to confuse matters even more there confirmation letter to me gives the address as N.Ocean Blvd....so had it not been for you knd people I would have cancelled this thinking that it was miles and miles away. THANK YOU.

I am going to try and persuade my DH to try the rental car....it would also take us from the port to the hotel and then hotel to MIA at the end of our stay saving more $$ in the long run too. Can you tell me if parking is readily available in FLL and Miami and also is it expensive. I also read on another forum about the amount of car wrecks on the road to Miami, is this quite a dangerous road to travel.

Sorry if I sound a bit silly/slow here, but we are total newcomers to the area and really dont know what to expect.

Thanks again guys for all your help ~ these boards are invaluable to folk like me planning a trip . A trillion thank yous from me.

Happycruzer

Hi there,

So happyc...if ye're frae Airdrie are ye a fer the Celtic or the Rangers?:eek:

My father used to play for Dundee United :) in the 50s and we lived in both Monifieth and Dundee. It's a wee world after all!!! :D

Nae kiddin' son.

Ciao for now!!!

Hi Captain Ron, aye its a wee world richt enough !

As for the football I'm afraid I support the Diamonds aka Airdrieonions or as they are now known Airdrie Utd.....DH isn't into the fitba but my brother who is 10 years my senior would set a lynch mob on me if I supported any other team.LOL He evens phones home from anywhere in the world on a Sat evening for the football results ! But my nephew used to play in the Celtic youth team , has now moved to Leeds Utd but is hoping to move onto pastures new in the next month or so. He also plays in the under 19s Scotland team. We are very proud of him and he has agreat future ahead of him . He has the world at this feet so to speak.

My DH and I have spent many a lovely weekend in the Dundee area...Broughty ferry, Arbroath etc. We love the new waterfront at Dundee where they have the RV Discovery that Scot sailed to the Arctic on. Brilliant stuff.

We visited Canada 5 years ago (Ontario) and loved it. Infact I honestly think if we had visited there 20 years ago we would have emigrated, too late now as family all starting to get married etc, so just have to content ourselves with travelling on great holidays and cruises.

Aye the worlds getting wee'r by the minute. Great chatting to you .!

"Lang may yer lum reek and yer troubles be the size o borley"

Guid luck tae ye.

Sandra aka happycruzer

happycruzer... There aren't any more accidents here than in any other large city. I drive I-95 from Fort Lauderdale to Miami and back 2-3 times a week and other than during rush hour it's fine, no problems. During morning and afternoon rush hours it can be a little slow, but that's the same in any city. It's not any more dangerous than any other freeway in America, as long as you pay attention you'll be fine!

Parking is readily available, and I don't consider it expensive. It's nothing like Manhattan! ;) If you go to South Beach there are some large parking garages scattered throughout a couple of blocks off the beach, it's much easier to park in those rather than on the street. Most of the restaurants have valet parking. On Las Olas Blvd., there is parking behind the shops in various lots accessible from the side streets and alleys. Everywhere else I think you would go will have free parking lots.

And again, don't second guess Pelican Beach, it's a great hotel in a great location! It's not far from anything, trust me, you'll LOVE it! Do get that rental car too, you'll be very happy you did, and don't worry so much... South Florida is beautiful, the weather will be spectacular when you're here, and you'll have a great time driving around and exploring! :)

One more thing... I think where some of the uncertainty over Pelican Beach's address lies is in the fact that where it's at is at the beginning of a street that juts off of A1A... Here is a link to a local map pinpointing it's location (I HOPE this works!)... http://maps.google.com/maps?q=2000+North+Atlantic+Blvd.,+Fort+Lauderdale,+FL&hl=en

Pelican Beach's address, whether 2000 North Atlantic Blvd., or 2000 North Ocean Blvd., are the same thing as they're both at the point where North Atlantic juts off of North Ocean (A1A)... What I think may have confused you is that there's also an East and West Atlantic Blvd., but that one is nowhere near Pelican Beach.

I really hope I haven't confused you more, I'm not always the best at explaining things, but Pelican Beach is on A1A midway betweet Sunrise Blvd., and Oakland Park Blvd., and the location that should be pinpointed on that map link is exactly where it's at.

If that map link works correctly you can put your mouse on that map, hold the left button down, and drag it around to move the map, as well as zoom in and out with the scale on the top left. If you click on Satellite on the top right you can see a satellite picture of the area. It was taken a couple of years ago though and the new tower at Pelican Beach was just a construction site at that time. You can also zoom in and out as well as move the satellite map around to see the area.

I totally agree with TrentS. I checked out the location of Pelican Beach on the map that he referred to and it gives you a pretty good picture of the location and the proximity to the surrounding neighborhood. About the only thing I disagree with what TrentS says is driving I-95 to and Miami from FLL. He's right, it is one straight drive on the interstate but the signs are confusing. If you do decide to take a car, please study a map first so you don't get off at the wrong exit. Otherwise, you seem to be getting off on the right foot and I'm sure you'll have a great time.

Perhaps later, I'll be back in touch to get some information from you about Scotland in particular the best time to cruise the British Isles and what the seas are like in the summer.

Til next time.

baesue

Hello Happycruzer, BAESUE here. My wife and I live in Ft. Lauderdale and we would love to offer suggestion to you. First, a visit to Miami from Ft. Lauderdale can be done in 1 day, but I am a little confused with your times. You say that your doing a 4 day post cruise in Ft. Lauderdale but then you say you need to be back on board for a 5 p.m. sailing. If your planning on being back on board for a 5 p.m. sailing you won't have time to do Miami. I would strongly suggest seeing Miami while your here during your 4 day post cruise. Ft. Lauderdale to Miami is only 20 miles and without traffic can be travelled in approximatley 30 minutes. However the only time you will find no traffic is at night. You must plan on hour drive and if your going during rush hour, plan on more. Also for a 5 p.m. sailing, you should plan on being boarding between 2 p.m. and 3 p.m. That doesn't leave you much time to see anything in Miami. Again skip Miami before your cruise and see it during your post cruise stay. Where are you planning on staying in Ft. Lauderdale. There are plenty of really nice things to see and do here, including plenty of restaurants ranging in price from fast food to very expensive. There are also plenty of hotels and I think we have a better beach. Write back and I'll be glad to offer many (hotel, restaurants and sight seeing ) suggestions.

baesue

Hie Baesue

I was wondering if you wouldn't mind helping out another tourist. My DH and I have rented a house in FLL for a week (leaving next saturday) with another couple and since the guys can't wait to sink their teeth into a prime US steak I was wondering if you could recommend a really good steakhouse in the area? We have a rental car so we are pretty flexible. If you have any other ideas or recommendations for must-sees or must-eats, I would love to hear them.

Hie Baesue

I was wondering if you wouldn't mind helping out another tourist. My DH and I have rented a house in FLL for a week (leaving next saturday) with another couple and since the guys can't wait to sink their teeth into a prime US steak I was wondering if you could recommend a really good steakhouse in the area? We have a rental car so we are pretty flexible. If you have any other ideas or recommendations for must-sees or must-eats, I would love to hear them.

Hello anjo216: Welcome to sunny FLL. Steak houses, there are so many to chose from. If you're on the beach in FLL, you should try Shula's Steak House. Yes that's Don Shula, the former coach of the Miami Dolphin. If you want to go to Las Olas, you should try Jackson's Steak House. Also in downtown FLL there is Morton's Steak House All three of these are really prime steak houses however be advised they are not cheap. If you want something more touristy, you should try Gibby's, really good and moderately priced. You can also go to one of the chain steak houses such as Outback or Steak and Ale. If you want more details on any of the restaurants mentioned, please advise.

Good dining.

baesue

Jackson's Steak House (one of the 10 best steak houses in America), 450 East Las Olas, downtown Fort Lauderdale... http://www.jacksonssteakhouse.com/

Ruth's Chris Steak House, 2525 North Federal Highway, Fort Lauderdale... http://www.ruthschris.com/

Morton's Steak House, 17399 Biscayne Blvd., North Miami Beach... http://www.mortons.com/

Once again TrentS got me. I said Morton's in downtown FLL. I meant Ruth Chris. Actually Morton's is in North Miami which is only a 15 - 20 minute drive from FLL.

If you want something really unique, there is the Argentenian Steak house in Hollywood. Order the skirt steak. It's truly a dining experience.

baesue

Well you're not really THAT off on that one Barry, I know i read somewhere that there is going to be a Morton's downtown soon. If I remember correctly it's going to be in or near Las Olas River House, but I don't remember how soon that was going to be, or if it's fallen through.

Yes, Shula's on the Beach, in the Sheraton Yankee Trader Hotel, is another good one... http://www.shulasbeach.com/

Another unique, and yummy place is Chima, a Brazilian Steak House at 2400 East Las Olas, Fort Lauderdale... http://www.southflorida.com/dining/sfl-sh13bdineaug13,0,631181.story

Jackson's Steak House (one of the 10 best steak houses in America), 450 East Las Olas, downtown Fort Lauderdale... http://www.jacksonssteakhouse.com/

Ruth's Chris Steak House, 2525 North Federal Highway, Fort Lauderdale... http://www.ruthschris.com/

Morton's Steak House, 17399 Biscayne Blvd., North Miami Beach... http://www.mortons.com/

Thanks for the great info! What are the top seafood restaurants in FLL?

Baesue and TrentS, thank you so much for your suggestions - all the places look great and we have learned from past visits in the US that you can have a great dinner for half the price it would cost at home. I also looked at Capital Grille in Miami - do you know this one and is it any good? and for the girls I found an Italian restaurant called Il Mulino in FLL. I think we are going to try out both Ruth's Chris and Morton's (Jackson's is perhaps a bit to pricey although it looks fantastic). Once again thank you so much for all your help - can't wait till next Saturday

anjo216 - There's also a beautiful new Capital Grill in the Galleria Mall in Fort Lauderdale, but for some reason I just haven't gotten there yet so I can't comment on that one... http://www.thecapitalgrille.com/

Galleria Mall... http://www.galleriamall-fl.com/

Il Mulino is GREAT! We eat there at least once a week... http://www.ilmulinofl.com/

Liberty Cruiser - I'm not much of a seafood lover so I'll revert to Barry and others on that one. A few places that are popular though are...

15th Street Fisheries... http://www.15streetfisheries.com/

Shirttail Charlie's... http://www.shirttailcharlies.com/

Charlie's Crab... http://www.southflorida.com/dining/17376,0,4992574.venue

Archived